How long between chemo and surgery?

Hi I’m new, just had 2nd lot of FEC (4 in total + 4xTC) for primary breast cancer and starting to feel normal again briefly before my next lot in 10 days time. My hubby and I want to plan a holiday to celebrate the end of my chemo and I’m aware that I only have a small window of opporrtunity to getaway before my surgury and radiotherapy. I was wondering if anyone had anyone had any advice about travelling while having treatment and how long i’m expected to wait in between chemo and having surgery?
Any advice would greatly appriciated.

Hi Dollydribbles (great name). I had my last chemo on Tuesday this week and i am booked in for surgery on 9th May, so thats just over two weeks. I think timing can also depend on your blood results.
The surgoen did tell me it would be about three weeks between chemo and surgery.
i am planning a w/e break for next w/e. Its a great reason to celebrate.
Hope you manage to get away.
x

Hi dollydrribles,
I had 3 weeks gap between chemo and surgery. It was enough time to recover from 3FEC and 3T.
Good luck with everything!
Valia
x

Hi dollydrribles,

I had my last chemo on 22 March and surgery is scheduled for 7 May. So nearly 6 weeks between chemo and surgery which I am grateful for as I felt dreadful after last chemo and needed a blood transfusion. I am only now starting to feel OK and as if I could face surgery. We have booked to go away for 3 nights next weekend - hopefully will take my mind off the forthcomingf surgery!
Hilary x

Hi ladies thanks for your input, it seems that it could be anything between 3-6 weeks depending on individual circumstances. We’ve decided to book something for end of Sept anyway hopefully with enough leeway either side. I know I’ve still got a way to go but we’re also planning on a weekend away beg of June when I will be half way. Hubby and I need something to look forward to after all it’s going to be a really crap year!
Thanks again
Chris x