66.5K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long did you wait for hormone therapy?

1 REPLY 1
ForumMember

Re: How long did you wait for hormone therapy?

Hi Tracey

I would definately be asking for an explanation and decision on this. If you are feeling vulnerable and uncomfortable then you are worried. At least if you get some explanation it may put your mind at rest. Good luck with it.
x

Guest user
Not applicable

How long did you wait for hormone therapy?

Hi all
I finished chemo in January, rads at the end of March and am not yet on any hormone therapy.
The problem has been that I was prescribed Tamoxifen, and then had an allergic reaction to it. I'm 42, haven't had a period since October, and blood tests show that I've been pushed into the menopause.
The onc seems to be taking a long time to decide whether I am permanently menopausal, and whether to give me Zoladex and Arimidex, or try another brand of Tamoxifen.
I feel a bit vulnerable as it's been over two months with no drugs. Even though I was only weakly ER+ I was told I would still benefit from hormone treatment.
Has anyone else had a wait like this? Should I be more vocal in asking for a decision? I'm sure they know what they're doing but I feel that I'm being put at risk .

Tracey x-