How long did your dressings stay on for?

Hi, I had my mastectomy, implant and reduction to other boob on 4th dec. I had the tape changed on 19th dec and needed iodine dressings on 2 small areas that hadn’t quite healed. The nurse put tape on all scar area except for iodine dressings spots and said when those heal the tape has to go over those areas. I was told I must keep the tape over all scars until I see the plastic surgeon on 19th jan. It just seems a long time to me. I know all hospitals and consultants differ so it may just be my surgeon.the practice nurse thought it strange the tape had to stay on so long.

What do you mean by tape??if this is dry dressings,wont do you any harm,as long as they don’t get wet.A shower would be OK,not a soak.The Inadine can remain on and just be changed when dressing goes white.They can be left on a few days.I agree with you PN,does seem a long time.But,be guided by your surgeon,they deal with it all the time.

Hi.I had a diep several months back and had micropore on all scars except for snb for 6 weeks. They was some slightly contradictory advice re bathing in it…some hospital staff staff said off every week to wash scars but i removed and retaped more often. I think the PS s prefer it as it helps minimise scarring and keloid or hypertrophic tendencies too…
I personally liked it as i didn’t have to see my tum scar. Boob also covered in it , very elaborate pattern!