Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long on Zoladex?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: How long on Zoladex?

Hi pleasant1
I'm really sorry you have secondaries 😞 That really sucks.
I'm 48 now, although like you I think my cancer was there for quite a while before anyone actually listened to me.
Best wishes,
Em
Highlighted

I've only had two months of Zoladex to date and asked about having my ovaries removed instead, at some stage. My oncologist said there is no evidence one route was more beneficial than the other. Personally I'd prefer not to be having so many chemicals.

I thought the operation was straightforward and keyhole? But it's still surgery etc. Can you advise Lolly73 how long you were out of action for, and if you feel better for not having to have Zoladex.

I wish I'd had my ovaries removed when I had my primary diagnosis as It may have bought me some more time. Now I have secondaries and feel physically pathetic – and mentally exhausted with trying to keep my bonce ticking along in a positive vein!

Also, are you all under or over 50? I'm 47, diagnosed in 2011 but I'm convinced my primary was there long before diagnosis.

All best

Highlighted

Thank you ladies.

Now I know that it isn't unheard of for people to stay on Zoladex for a while I won't feel bad for staying with the injections for a bit longer 🙂

Thanks again,

Em

Highlighted

I was told I was be on zoladex for 2 years, but had my ovaries removed after 16 months anyway x

Highlighted

Hi Emilysss

I was originally on Zoladex injections for five years as per Guys hospital advise and i had to go back onto them again when i was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer.  They are not the easiest of injections to have, and no one will understand what they are like unless like me you've had to have them.  I've not had my ovaries removed but a friend of a friend is enquiring into that as she is not coping with the injections.

5n0wdr0p Smiley Happy

Highlighted

How long on Zoladex?

Hi

I started on monthly Zoladex injections 4 months ago, and the nurse who does them at my GP has been asking me how long they will be going on for. I have told her that I will be on the exemestane for at least 5 years, but she said she has never heard of anyone having Zoladex for that long and normally people have their ovaries removed. Has anyone else had this? I cannot have another operation at the moment.

Thanks for any advice.

Em