How long to wait before reconstruction surgery

I had a left mastectomy last September, thankfully the cancer was removed and no further treatment was needed, however i am still waiting for my reconstruction surgery and seem to be waiting forever.  Can anyone advise on how long it took for them to have the operation as i am now starting to quite depressed over it.  Many thanks x

Hi jill,

just to let u know i had a right mastectomy April 2013 i am going for reconstrution November 2014.I did have chemo and radiotherapy The surgeon said it will be about 10 months later when all the swelling has gone and my new breast has settled down  he will match my good one to the bad one as i am only small and am going up 2 cup sizes. hope this helps Yvonne

Following my mastectomy in June, I was told that reconstruction at that hospital is normally 9-12 months, as the surgeon who does them is happier at that stage. I saw 2 of his reconstructions while in hospital, and they looked spledid - the 2 ladies were thrilled. I haven’t decided whetjer or not to have reconstruction, but I’m also tiny on the good side, following 4 lumpectomies the first time around.

Good luck when you have it done. Gentle hugs, Jo x