How long until hair and eyelashes improve?

Hi i had my last chemo yesterday (3 x fec and 3 x t) and I am wondering how long it takes for a few things to happen.

1. How long until hair stops shedding?
  2. How long until real hair and not just fuzz comes through?
  3. How long until eyelashes come back?
  4. How long until eyebrows come back?
  5. Is there anything I can do to encourage them all to grow?

I have kept only 30-40% of my long red hair. It is very thin on top and around crown, and going down the sides at the back. I am covering with bandanas at the moment as I have enough hair at the front and back to put in a plait. Noone seems to notice I am a cancer patient luckily. I didn’t want that and all the sympathetic looks.
Thing I am wondering is does anyone have any tips on what to do with my hair once it starts coming back? I don’t want to shave it or cut it really short as I feel like all that pain and emotional turmoil of cold capping would have been for nothing if I do. Just don’t know what to do about my hair now. Had hoped to keep little more as was at 50% after last fec.
Any advice would be appreciated xx

Hi Red Robin

I had 4 Fec and 3 docetaxel . My last session was on the 18th January.

I lost all of my hair after the first Fec , my eyebrows and eyelashes fell out during the docetaxel.

I am pleased to say that my hair is growing back thick and curly I would say around an inch and a half in places. My eyebrows are practically all grown back and so are my eyelashes. My eyebrows and eyelashes began to grow back within about a month and have gone from strength to strength. It is lovely to be able to wear mascara again .

Hope this helps

Debbie xx

Hi Debs you could try Fast shampoo and conditioner it’s 30 pounds for the pack and you can now get it from boots as opposed to just online. It was on 3 for 2 when I got mine a couple of weeks ago also have a look on website called fairy hairs as are some good tips on there.xxx 

Sorry chemo brain got me all mixed up with names that message was for red Robin also I can’t wait to get my eyelashes back Debs.xxx 

Thanks Debbie and Ann.
Did either of you cold cap? I did and it was hell but kept about 40% of my hair. Thing is now I don’t know what to do with it as some is to my lower back and some is just starting to “fuzz” through. Any ideas what to do with it?