Thank you for that clarification, I will contact them on Wednesday if I haven't heard from my consultant. The MDT sits every Tuesday, so Im praying for a call. Keep smiling everyone x
Hi Lulu, I hope are well on the way to recovery and feeling as good as you possibly can. I did think about phoning PaLS, but decided against it as all my services are in my home town, I was worried about being moved to another hospital and having to travel for hours to get there. Im sure that thi8ngs will move soon, I was having a bit of a sound off, which isn't really like me LOL. Under pressure comes to mind xx
So, 18 years ago aged 34 I was diagnosed with breast cancer, I underwent a right sided mastectomy, reconstruction using a muscle flap from my back and an implant, 6 months of intense chemotherapy, (CMF, I think it was called) 4 weeks of radiotherapy, then 5 years of Tamoxifen. We all breathed a sigh of relief and life sort of went back to normal. 3 years ago I was admitted routinely to have my implant renewed, and low and behold the nasty little vermin had returned, so once again , surgery to remove the tumor and more radiotherapy. 11 weeks ago I discovered a lump, I have to say the hospital were very quick to see me, I phoned on the Wednesday and was seen on the Friday where they scanned the area and surprise surprise, the lump was clear, but the radiographer found two areas that she deemed to be a worth investigation. She biopsied all suspect areas and the original reported lump,but was not at all positive and was very sympathetic towards my husband and I, her words on leaving were, 'God bless you', as you can imagine, this really did put the fear of God into me!! Anyway, we returned to see the Consultant straight after the scan and he made another appointment to return in three weeks, on our return I was told that I had stage 2 ductal breast cancer (again), he then recommended a CT and full bone scan, 3 weeks later these were carried out, two weeks later I returned for the results, luckily my bone scan is clear, but the CT scan showed what he thinks is a Heamangomia which are quite harmless, but, to be safe, he then advised an MRI, two weeks later the MRI has been completed and after phoning my breast care nurse for a rough idea of when I will get the results and a treatment plan I was told it could be another two or three weeks!!!! How long does one normally wait for treatment???