367169posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often do we get check ups

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How often do we get check ups

Many thanks will do, its just all the waiting around, feeling like you ve been left to get on with it, and not sure what to do . A good analogy i read in a book recently was its like after a storm you are set adrift in a little boat just off shore, your boat is  all patched up and sort of ok, you can see the shore but you cant get back to it,

Maybe it is different for you because you are waiting for further surgery.  I would definitely give them a ring to check what the plan.   

Hi thanks for your speedy reply, just had one mastectomy, but had other boob reduced to match reconstructed one, but still wonky, awaiting another op and nipple. i wondered if maybe they cant do mamogram yet , i am all healed though.So i should be getting check ups then?Cant even remember if i ve had mammogram since mastectomy dont think i have.

Hi Willowcat  Did you have single mastectomy? If so you should have annual mammograms on the remaining boob.  I am due for my first annual mammogram on Monday exactly one year after my mastectomy.  I also have annual check ups with the surgical team.   Why not try ringing the breast nurse where you were treated and see what they say.  My apologies if you had double mastectomy.  

How often do we get check ups

Hi I havent been on here for a while, but find myself becoming very anxious a lot of the time, I was diagnosed back in 2012, had a mastectomy that christmas , I have since had reconstruction, but am waiting for a further op. But what concerns me I seem to have been left, I only ever had one check up scan since 2012 , I think, I dont actually remember ever having proper check ups since then, just seeing plastic surgeon. My brain seems to have gone to mush.Thanks for any advice.