How soon after WLE can I use bio oil or moisturer? I'm itching like **** :)

Ok, so the subject sort of said it all.  I don’t want to do any damage, but I feel need I to rub something in or moisturise? 

I’m itching like an itchy itchy itchy thing …:smileytongue:

I used vitamin E oil straight away. (Like Bio-oil but cheaper!)

Jane

Hi

Do yiu mean applying the oil to the wound/scar?

If I were you I would wait until it has healed, I don’t think it would be good to get anything in the wound if it is still open or in the process of healing.

Perhaps check with your bcn?

The good news is that itching is a good sign, means its all healing well.

Take care.

Mary

Bio oil is amazing for getting scars to disappear. I used it last year for my WLE and after my mx this year, my gp said ok 4 weeks after surgery, I have now been using it for around 3 weeks and even my surgeon was impressed by the results. I got a large bottle from Amazon last year and still have over half left. I noticed it in Primark last week for £5.80? - the proper stuff, so if you have a branch close by that is defo the  cheapest I have ever come across it, (it was at the check out). It is really worth using this stuff.

K M x

Vitamin E I buy as capsules (for oral use), stick a pin in one end, and squeeze a drop out at a time. One capsule actually goes much further than you might expect, and as you put it on with your finger it’s very gentle.

Jane