70349members
370121posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon are you discharge from oncology?

6 REPLIES 6
maltomlin

Re: How soon are you discharge from oncology?

duplicated

maltomlin

Hi

I was dx in May 08 and am still seeing the onc. I see her every 12 months and the BS every 12 months, so I see someone every 6 months. I find that reassuring. It's like safety net.

Mal

cmw

Thanks for the replies. It is reassuring that I have not been discharged to soon.

ickleme123

Hi Caroline,
I was discharged from my Onc in march, I finished chemo in nov 2010 and rads in jan 2011. I was discharged into the care of my bcn so she is always there if I have a problem and she can get me into see someone if I need to. I've got 4 1/2 years left on tamoxifen and found my gp to be great if I have a problem - went this week about night sweats.

Tracey xxxxx

AndieT

Hi
I was DX in August 08 and saw my onc regularly until the end of rads. Now I have an appointment every year and am told I will untill I reach the magic 5years

Andie

RevCat

Hi Caroline, there is a thread on follow up which might be of interest to you in this regard. http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=167&t=33053&p=572897#p572897

I was discharged from oncology at the end of my rads and all my follow-up is via the breast clinic at six month intervals for five years then (if all is well) annual for another five.

Hope you find some helpful responses

cmw

How soon are you discharge from oncology?

I was diagnosed in October 2009 and have had chemo, rads and 9 herceptin. I did not complete the full 18 doses of herceptin as my heart was damaged. Last December I was discharged from oncology, so now I am only having my annual checks at Breast Care (different hospital)

I am just wondering how soon anyone else was discharged from oncology. I am still on tamoxifen for another 4 years. I am not sure who will say when to stop taking it - my gp or is it just down to me? If I have problems with the tamoxifen who do I talk to?

I know I should have asked these questions at the time of my discharge, but I was just so happy to not have to go back that I didn't think about the consequences.

Caroline