Husband went to docs

Husband went to docs

Husband went to docs Well my OH finally spoke to the doc today, and boy did he talk, he was in there for 1/2 hour!

He is still pretty tight lipped with me but as long as he is talking to someone I am happy.

The doc said he didn’t want to go down the pill route yet and he was to try and concentrate on positive thoughts. That’s good, that means I will no longer be living with my own Victor Meldew (Grumpy old man)!

Now I just need to gauge if/when to raise the talking thing again or he will just slip back into his own little depressed world.

BC damages so much more than our bodies doesn’t it?

irene

hope things wil settle for you irene

Hi Irene

Glad that your husband is getting help - don’t like to generalise, but think men find it harder to reach out and open up.

I was feeling good about myself and how I am coping with this, but a couple of weeks ago I looked around me and saw how sad some of my family and friends were and started talking to them about it. My daughter particularly - I was constantly nagging her about doing more to help me - she has her own problems and this happening to me just added to it. She has now been prescribed anti-depressants and we are getting on better as I said I understood how difficult it must be for her to watch me going thru this.

It takes a lot of effort to go through the surgery and treatment and we do have to put ourselves first more than we ever have, but I think I had let it take over my life completely - I think it’s hard not to.

Take care

Anita