cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Start my Chemo on Friday

12 REPLIES 12
La-La

Re: I Start my Chemo on Friday

PLEASE speak to your oncologist about getting Misteltoe extracts into your plan as a complimentary therapy
Mistletoe appears to be nature's way to get through a load of the side effects of the treatments. ;My close friend went through BC with mastectomy and chemo last year... she swears by it.

Germany seem to be pretty much leading the way regards cancer these days, 60% of cancer patients there are treated with it, France catching up with 40%, UK finally getting on board, but you may have to fight for it!

Need to ask for it, I do not think your oncologist will offer it (unless they are very cool!), but I believe we are able to get this on NHS in UK (my friend lives in Canada and it is not available over there so I have set her up with contact with a German priovider and she gets it direct!

Iscador and Helixor are the common

I am seeing my oncologist in the next week or so will definitely go for Mistletoe therapy alongside chemo, seems to massively improve quality of life through treatment!

Findings from a 30 Year Study (Misteltoe has been used since 1920s in Germany! Whay are we only hearing about it now??):
T3D

So pleased that it's all gone so well for you. It's good for the rest of us to hear about your positive experience so thank you x
Fuffs123

Fantastic Tra, so pleased that it went well and you are not in too much pain. Your little ones will be overjoyed to have you around. Make sure you rest enough, y
Tra16

Had masectomy yesterday and no where near as bad as I thought. Back
On the ward at 12 and eating lunch at 1230! They said I could of come home last nite, but because of drains being in I asked to stay in. Came home this morning and got some tightness but no pain . (Hope that continues). Sticking to regular pain killers to avoid pain and plenty of fluids. Looking forward to putting my feet up now. Good luck for the 8th Sherbetlemon x
Sherbertlemon

Good luck with the operation, I have mine on the 8th and then chemo. Stay strong and just think of your gorgeous little ones, they will raise your spirits.
Janet1954

love and hugs xx
Tra16

Good luck Julsey and Betsy with your chemo on Friday. I'm having masectomy first tomorrow (was diagnosed 4 march), then chemo. I have a 5 yr old and 3 yr old so our little ones as well as lovely ladies on here will keep our spirits up .

Virtual hugs
Tracey
Lucy_BCC

Hi Betsy33

Welcome to the BCC forums, I am sure you will find support and shared experiences here to help you through this difficult time. Our helpliners are also on hand with practical and emotional support for you weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2 on 0808 800 6000 so please feel free to call

Here's a link to the BCC 'younger women' information and support including our younger women's forums where you can meet others which I hope you will find helpful:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/younger-women

You may also find this March chemo thread helpful as users here are also starting treatments this month :

http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/starting-chemo-March-2015/td-p/...

Take care
Lucy BCC

betsy33

Hi Julsey15, I have been recently diagnosed with breast cancer on the 13th march unlucky for some lol! I am due to sart chemo friday too. 4-6 months of the stuff! I am also a mummy to a beautiful 5 month old baby, so I am feeling the same.  Keep me posted on how you get on. Stay positive we can do this!!! 

Hazelr

As you will probably have worked out by now everyone is different and reactions to side effects are so different for each person. I am just coming up to my 6 th and last one and my energy levels are really low now as the chemo is cumulative and although you may or may not have nausea, taste buds shot to bits, aches and pains, sore mouth, headaches, upset tummy, the fatigue builds as you go along. I stopped work when I was first diagnosed and have a year off, and I have a teenage son at home so no little ones to keep me busy and a husband to help. I would say get some help for the chemo week at least and see if you can arrange help for the kids and food to be cooked for you that week. You will not be able to plan much until you know how you will be affected by side effects, but take whatever help you can and be kind to yourself, it will take it's toll on you emotiomally as well add I hope you have a good network of friends and family to support you through this. Are you having surgery after the chemo? Please take good care of yourself nd find out from work the sick pay situation as you will need some time off. Best of luck for Friday and I hope you have little side effects and get through it ok. Virtual hugs xx
mills1

whilst i can't comment on that kind of treatment i do wish you all the best for tomorrow. So many people have different side effects it's hard to say if you will be able to carry on as normal. It will be a new normal. some people work all the way through, i didn't and had 10 months off work. good luck and take care x
June_BCC

Hello Julsey15

Welcome to the forums.  I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis, the first few weeks are always difficult when coming to terms with your diagnosis and treatment.
As well as the support you will receive on the forums you might find it helpful to order the BCC resources pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a copy just follow the link bellow:-

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early...

I have also attached a link to the Macmillan site where you many get some information/support  on finance, http://www.macmillan.org.uk/information-and-support/organising/index.html

You may also like to talk things through with one of the helpline staff, they are there to offer emotional support as well as provide information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 10-2 Saturday.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Julsey15

I Start my Chemo on Friday

I was diagnosed on the 9th March and start my chemo on Friday which I am really anxious about.   I will be having 4 treatments of AC and 4 of Docetaxel (Taxotere).  I'm a single mum of 2, work full time for a charity and would like to carry on as normal - but maybe I'm being optomistic - can anyone tell me if they had these two treatments how they were affected? I've also had a bone scan today, having a ct scan on Wednesday and tomorrow I'm going in as they are going to insert a clip onto the tumour.  I feel like I'm living with another person inside my body, I've been fit and healthy, never drank or smoked and I get this.  I'm worried about my finances and  if I'm too ill to work.. Is the chemo that bad???