I am I being stupid

Its nearly a year since i was dx had mx and recon, chemo and rads, now on tamox. I have been fine all the time getting on with my treatment and life, people said they couldn’t believe how I was coping. Now my year check up approaches I think I have found a lump on my other breast, surely it cant be anything not after having all that treatment. Its really worrying me and I cant help feeling may be its my mind playing tricks and I am just imaging it. Has anyone else had feelings like this or has anyone been unfortunate to have it return so soon. I wish I could just stop worrying about it and get on with my life again, I know I am being stupid but I cant snap out of it.

Sue

hi Sue

Dont Worry !!! go and get it checked out ASAP and see what they have to say. It really could be anything.

Very hard to stop thinking about it all the time . get a book , see a film, go for a walk , and have a very large glass of wine! we all go through coping days and not coping days, why me days. What you are feeeling s very very normal. You have been through so much in the past year its only natural that you would feel like this .

sure all will be well, let us know how it goes.

Victoria :slight_smile:

Hi Sue,

I had my first anniversary yesterday and you are very much not alone. I’m sure my BCN must get very fed up with me. I am still having herceptin so I see her at the clinic every 3 weeks and she is very patient checking out all my lumps and bumps. She says most women go through the same feelings and it takes a long time for the fear to go away.

That said, just because it’s normal to feel like that it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get any new lumps checked. I’m sure it will be nothing but you deserve to have your mind set at rest. No-one will think you are stupid.

Good luck, Jan xx

Hi Sue,

You are not being stupid. You need to have anything suspicious checked out properly and no-one will criticise you or think you are wasting their time.

I’m in a similar situation only maybe feeling more stupid as I am only 6 weeks post rads and I think I’ve found another lump in the affected breast - not anywhere near my WLE and SNB scars. My GP could also feel it and thinks it is probably nothing to worry about, but has referred me anyway and I am now waiting for the appointment for the triple assessment.

Please post again to say that you’ve been to see your GP and let’s hope we’re both worrying about nothing. I think the others are right - we may never be free of the fear, but we can minimise it by getting things checked promptly.

E xx

Hi Sue

Like everyone else says it’s best to get these things checked out.

Hopefully it’ll turn out to be nothing, but it’s not worth taking the risk.

I felt daft saying to the girls at my 2nd rads apt that I thought I could feel a lump at my collarbone…I was only 3 weeks post chemo…thought I was being overly paranoid, but unfortunately it turned out to be a local recurrance. Hopefully catching it so early will have made it easier to deal with.

As you can see from the other ladies experiences, mine is not the norm & because of that I was tempted to leave my wee lump to see if it went away! I’m glad now I didn’t!!

Good Luck…let us know how you get on

Hxx

Hi Sue
The worry after you’ve had a diagnosis like ours can be all consuming and incredibly stressful and upsetting I do get paranoid every now and again but over time things have got better and I worry a little less. I think I always try and prepare myself for bad news just in case - I think it’s a way of protecting myself. It’s hard to take your mind off it until you can get it checked but I can see others have given suggestions to help. Wishing you all the best of luck.
Ruby xxx