71693members
376054posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am in a really surreal place.........

RevCat

Re: I am in a really surreal place.........

Clare, just whizzing in quickly between crazy madness of work to send my love, my thoughts, my prayers. I came across these quotations among many, which capture just the tiniest fraction of all you have been, shared and achieved these past months...

"The important thing, the thing that lies before me, the thing that I have to do, if the brief remainder of my days is not to be maimed, marred and incomplete, is to absorb into my nature all that has been done to me, to make it part of me, to accept it without complaint, fear or reluctance." Oscar Wilde (De Profundis)

"Look to this day! For it is life, the very life of life. In its brief course lie all the varieties and realities of your existence: the bliss of growth, the glory of action, the splendour of beauty. For yersterday is already a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision, but today, well-lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well, therefore, to this day! Such is the salutation of the dawn." (Anon, Sanskrit writing)

Thank you Clare for living these truths for us. Wishing you feedom from pain and the peace that passes understanding. God bless you, and yours.
alesta29

Hey Clare
Hope the nurses and all your family are making sure that you have everything you need to enjoy today and others to come.
Beautiful sunshine here yesterday and got four (yes that's 4) washings done (and dried). Oh the very small joys of ife!
Big hugs
Laurie x

libsue

Popped by again to send cyber hugs, love and the bestest, bestest ever wishes.

Thinking of you Clare.

Libby xxx

moser

Another one popping in to say night night to you Clare, hope you have a peaceful one with lots of zzzeds!
Lots of love to you, Mo xxx

majelsty

Hello Clare. Just popped in to say Hi and send some cyber Hugs (((()))). Maj xx

scottishlass

Couldn't put it better myself Choccie. I too have popped in to say hello Clare. Hope you are comfortable and although there are no snowdrops about I hope there are flowers blooming in your garden for you to enjoy. Hope your son and daughter and Mum and Dad are taking good care of you which I know they wil be doing. Gentle hug, Val

ChoccieMuffin

Hello Clare and followers. I've managed to steal my own laptop back from my daughter, so a quick bit of posting is in order.

Clare, I hope you're doing ok at the moment, and that the rest and relaxation you need is happening. If the power of thought could do anything, then with all the loving thoughts you have from us lot you'd be completely wrapped in soft and squishy cotton wool and flower petals.

Anyway, just popped in to say hello and that I'm thinking of you, Clare.

CM
x

Angelfalls

Thinking of you, Clare.

Angelfalls xx

katytc

Clare, it's freezing here today, vercors had a funny post in Benchland regarding downloading summer, I've asked her to try again, hope the sun is shining where you are.
Sending lotsof love to Clare, drops and extras, thinking of you all xx

junieliz

Hi Clare, thinking about you today as always, love junieliz x

ragamuffin

Hi Clare
Me too, what Cackles said! Every time I "play" in the garden I think of you. I look and actually "see" the flowers, and all their beauty! Even in some of the weeds. Sending you love, hope you have a good night tonight, sleep well and stay pain free.
Love and spoons to you- Diana xx

Cackles

Sleep well Clare and I so hope that pain is under control now. I have spent a couple of hours following an OPD appt chipping the small branches from an enormous Willow tree that fell against the house. Every time I "play" in the garden I think of you. You taught me to see the true beauty in the flowers when "looked" at with eyes wide open. Thank you for the lesson.
Lots of love
Cackles xx

chrisp1e

Hi Clare.
Sorry you've had a fall. Hope you're pain is being kept under cotrol. It sounds as if you have a lovely family who care about you so much. Take care.
Christine xxx

libsue

Just popping by to say hi to Clare, Claredrops and extras.

Sending bucket loads of love to you Clare.

Love and hugs to all.

Libby xxx

pesteringpixie

Hello,

I have been following this thread for some while but not posted before.

The grace, undconditionnal love and courage being demonstrated is truly humbling. God's Grace and love in actions.

It is such a privilege to feel in some very small way, i am part of this very special gang, one of the few positives but a very powerful one of bc.

God bless you Clare, i shall forever think of claredrops when they appear through the snow.

Much love
Pixie xx

ChoccieMuffin

Note to self: might NOT be the most sensible thing to reply to job offers at silly o'clock after getting up close and personal with a rather tasty bottle of Rioja...

CM
x
ps still can't post from Android phone.

ChoccieMuffin

Having had the privilege of meeting our lovely Clare, I can just imagine her worrying about someone discovering some long-lost copies of Playboy or similar stashed behind the bookcases in what is now Clare's bedroom downstairs. I am certain Clare would be completely unphased but highly amused and any of the embarrassment that might ensue!

I have to be a bit careful with furniture moving and repositioning. Given my lovely 15-yr-old's difficulties with liife the world and everything (Clare knows what I'm on about) I managed to get myself persuaded to take a trip to Ikea at the weekend, to refresh said darling daughter's room.

Well I have to say I was proud of myself. I normally can't get myself out the doors of the place until the early hours of the morning (ok, might be a slight exaggeration but I HAVE been kicked out of Ikea at midnight before now!) but we managed to spend not a huge amount more than 6 hours in there. Back-pedalling madly I HAVE to say we had lunch AND tea in there, but we pretty much got what we went for.

And of course that meant that after said darling daughter went back to her foster placement (long story, but for Clare's benefit she's still there but looking to move back soon) I just couldn't resist playing jigsaw puzzles with a ma-hooooooo-sive puzzle that is ANYTHING you get from Ikea - as far as I'm concerned, that's more than half the pleasure!

Clare, I hope your wee ones weren't too soggy when they got back from their trip. A bit of respite care for you could be just what you need.

Love, hugs, giggles, kisses and several tonnes of admiration.

CM
x

Welsh_girl

Hello lovely Clare,
Hope your pain is being managed and you're as pain-free as possible.
Lovely to hear about your family and you but why not get someone else to type it for you?
You could always dictate but it would save some of your precious energy.....
I hope you can dedicate all your current energy to your own needs and then to your family. We remain here wishing you well and know that you can read our messages to you when you want to....It's always a delight to read your funny anecdotes and then more people interpret it and it becomes like a stage play! I'm right in there in the front row laughing out loud as I imagine all the furniture redirection to get it just right and hopefully chairs are facing the right way and no one is hiding behind the wardrobe??? I can only imagine the farce!
Sending you peace and calm this night for a good sleep in comfort....
How lovely for us to know when you wake there is someone you can reach out to.....
That closeness is so important. I remember it all too well with my Mum. We all want to help and it is so nice to be asked to assist. I hope you will call on them when you need to and not feel a burden ever....
They want to be with you and support you in whatever they can... We do too.
So sleep easily tonight knowing that our love and concern surrounds you as it does throughout the days and nights ahead. We are on the outer edges of your stage but what a privilege to be here.

Gentle hugs to you Clare.
With love from Welsh girl xxx

VerityC

Hi Clare, and everyone else,
As ever, Clare, it was great to see your post when I logged on today. Thank you for keeping in touch when you can. You are truly amazing!!
Don't you just LOVE rearranging furniture? I think it so therapeutic. When I got the urge to rearrange a room recently I had to ask for help as I was tempted to push and shove things around but realised that I shouldn't. My poor son had to deal with my conflicting instructions and change of heart and mind several times over, but he was very patient, and we did laugh at my indecision and the lengths we had to go to to move - and re move - several pieces of furniture as a result!! Glad to hear furniture removal induced mirth where you are too Clare!!
Here's hoping that your Marie Curie nurses are giving you lots of TLC. They are, in my experience, also truly amazing people, so I trust that you will enjoy each other's company!!
Best wishes,
Verity xx

JulieD
Community Champion

Hello lovely Clare and all you other lovelies here.
Hope some of you had better weather than Sussex,absoluteley chucking it down and fierce winds too!
My Mum (late 70s) had her hip replacement replaced today so have been fretting a bit but apparently,according to my sister, she is sitting up nice and perky laughing and joking
Hope you have got your bedroom sorted Clare and that you are comfortable, I hope you like your Marie Currie nurse and that she can provide you with good company as well as looking after your medical needs. I hear they are lovely, so hopefully yours will be up to scratch.
Wishing you comfort and joy, lots of love Julie xx
scottishlass

Just popping in to say Hello Clare and to say I am thinking about you. I hope you are more comfortable. There is nothing mnore draining than pain you cannot control easily. A gentle hug, Love Val

moser

hello Clare, lovely to hear from you. hope the room is now to everyones liking and that you are able to get some good rest. Glad that you are smiling, you make me smile too xxx

RevCat

Clare, like everyone else, I am hoping that your room has been arranged so that you are comfortable and that your nurse has your pain relief adequately managed. As others have said, and will say again, this thread has been the source of such love, humour, belly laughs, healing tears these past few months. It continues to be a privilege to catch a glimpse of your world and you are often in my thoughts.

I have to be away with work for most of the next fortnight, so may not be on here much, but you will remain in my thoughts and my prayers. Peace to you and yours, sweet Clare, hugs and love to Clare to the Drops and to the Extras.
katytc

Clare, massive huggles, hope the furniture has been suitably arranged for the nurse and she can help with your pain, lovely to hear that you have had a laugh!!! (Still brings a smile thinking about your wheelchair racing!!)
No rain here but a grey day, would love to see the sun again.
Love to all drops and extras, take care everyone xx

nicky08
Community Champion

Morning Clare, how lovely to hear from you and that laughter is still a big feature in your life. Along with family and friends of course 🙂 Hoping that the nurse has a huge bag of tricks with her to help with the pain and any other meds you might need. The weather here has turned back to complete rubbish, again, but we did also have some nice sun on Saturday. I hope the camping trip for Jamie and Aisling was not as wet as some parts of the country was showing but I expect it did them good to have some time with friends. Wishing you a good day, with pain under control and XOH getting up first 😉
Hugs
Nicky xx

vercors

Morning Clare, I hope you had a calm and peaceful week end and that the kids enjoyed their week end with the scouts.
Can someone chase the rain away. It is no longer funny. Still I managed to walk a bit this week end. Only did 6 km, there were 15 of us and 3 dogs; age ranging from 6 up to 66. It was great fun. All that followed by a BBQ. Would have been better with some sunshine. I have now reached Cholsey and will hopefully be in Oxford by the end of the month. Take care.

junieliz

Hi Clare hope you had a good nights sleep, and didn't tire yourself too much rearranging your room. Take care love and hugs coming your way love junieliz x

Crabbit

Ha Clare, I'm sure the nurse will soon whip XOH into shape and get him to do some of the lugging things around lol. Good you are managing a little more sleep. Hope the campers come back unscathed and not too muddy. Take care petal. Carolyn xx

JulieD
Community Champion

Hi Clare,
Sorry to hear pain is still an issue but glad to hear you are still managing a giggle or two!
Hope you've managed to get your room sorted for the nurse to have a seat,but hope you were sitting in the directors chair and not attempting to do any of the rearranging.
Sounds like you have a better day there weatherwise so hope you can get a little bit of sun on your face. Have a peaceful day my lovely, enjoy the memories and the laughs. Thoughts, prayers and hugs with you and your family xx
ragamuffin

Hi Clare
Lovely to see your posts but sorry you still have pain. Hope the Marie Curie nurse can sort that out for you. I'm sure you enjoyed all the pageantry around the Jubilee celebrations - was great wasn't it. Pleased to read you have had a few giggles thrown into the mix of your life at the moment- I wish you lots more.
With love and hugs to my favourite Claredrop.
Diana xxx ((()))

Steris

Hi Clare,
How lovely to hear from you. Sorry to hear your in pain but its great to hear its being eased by laughter the best tonic I know aprt from the pain killers I'm on.

You never cease to amazed me taking time to up date us on hoe you're doing. I don't post much but have followed you through all your ups and downs. the support this site and the lovely ladies on here is so heart warming.

I just want to wish you well and your days filled with warmth and laughter. Hope you've found somewhere for the nurses to sit. They are lovely nurses and have such compassion and hope a great sense of humour,.

Take care Clare you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and a gentle hug to you.
Chris xxxx

potmaid

potmaid

Waking,up refresheed, still in pain and but that ok if ur having a laugh Mum and I amrearranging my room for the macurie Curies Nurse to be able to sit in my rroom too..XOH is just up..............hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
take care all, hope you all have a lovely day like it is here today
Clare xxx

Emperortooco

Cold, wet and windy here Claire, but following you as I have done over the months has filled me with warmth and love from all who post on here , you're truly an inspiration to many, xx

junieliz

Hi Clare, how lovely to hear from you, although don't think you have to, I hope you are resting. It is sunny here today in Notts, so hopefully it will be ok for Aisling and Jamie camping, mind you it doesn't seem to bother the young ones does it? It is lovely going back to your memories, ofter they raise a smile. I wish you a happy day today, thinking of you Clare and your family of course, love junieliz x

alesta29

Hey Clare

Good to hear the kids are having a bit of normality in amongst all the surrealness. There's a teeny tiny bit of sunshine peeping through a cloud here in your neighbouring county and am having a bit of a word to pop in over your way.

Hope your DN has a good sense of humour and a load of excellent drugs in her bag!

Hugs to all the family

Laurie x

moser

Clare, so glad things are going as well as they can, your lovely mum and sister must make so much difference to you. Hope Jamie and Aisling enjoy the camp and do not get too wet.Thinking of you all,xxx

horsie5050

Hi Claire, I have not posted before but I have been following your forum I have laughed, and wept... I too have secondaries and have found your postings very helpful, there is so much I am not afraid of anymore - thank you for that. You are such an inspiration, you have touched me in such a way that there will always be a little corner in my heart for you...xxxxx

potmaid

I always start with thanking you all, as I really meen it. Jamie and aisling are both away on scout scout camp for the weekend, so hope they are having fun. Things have been ok and had a happy as I can be as my sister has been here, going on about memories. Now Mum has arrived, staying till Monday. The district nurse is now coming for 3 nights, every other day which eases the pressure from everyone, so things are more settled. me worrying.
I wish you a very happy day on this sunny day and enjoy
Cclare xxx

AnnieK68

Hi Clare,

Thinking of you & your family,

With love

Axx

libsue

Hi Clare, sending you my love.
Hugs too.
Libby xxx

ChoccieMuffin

Clare, you just read and post when you feel like it. If you ever need some reassurance that people love you, you just have to read your thread - I'm deeply moved by just how much love is expressed on this thread, and I know that every single post is totally genuine in the feelings expressed.

If you don't want to post, you could direct Jane to this thread and get her to post for you. Or perhaps just read a bit, even if just the last few pages or so. I'm sure she'd love to read about just how special you are to other people, not just to her.

Thank you, special lady.

CM
x

majelsty

Gentle hugs Clare. Always in our thoughts.xxx Majelsty

vercors

Clare, you need to get a log in the fireplace and keep warm. Big Hug! Vercors

Tinyperson

Hi Clare,
I don't really know what to say but I think of you regularly.
Take care
Tiny

Twinky68

Hi Clare

Sending you lots of hugs. Hope your rose tree hasn't blown over during this awful wind ( am assuming it's in the Midlands too, am currently on thd south coast being pampered by my parents). I've got one more week of freedom before starting Tax again for the last time (woohoo) so there might be an opportunity for a doughnut drop 😉

Twinky x

junieliz

Hi Clare lovely to see a post from you, I am sorry to hear about your fall hope you didn't hurt yourself too much. Familiy, what a lovely family you have got they must give you so much comfort, mum staying awake all night for you, it's what a mum would do isn't it? Take care and keep the pain relief going to help you. love and hugs to you and your lovely caring family junieliz x

ragamuffin

Just to say I'm thinking of you Clare- love and hugs to you and your family, wishing you calm comfortable days with a few giggles in there as well. Love Diana xx

nicky08
Community Champion

Dear Clare
After being absent for a while I have now got back and I am so pleased to see an update from you to us all 🙂 Hoping all the meds are helping you and keeping you as pain free as possible so you can spend more of your precious tie with your loving family. Take care
Nicky xx
Ps well done to Twinky on the flower expedition, i have read back and it was a great idea, sorry I wasn't here to join in but my thoughts and wishes also go to Clare.

VerityC

Thinking of you and your family Clare, and wishing you all the very best....

Verity xx