71175members
373958posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am in a really surreal place.........

Gemdancer

Re: I am in a really surreal place.........

Sleep well lovely lady. Gxxx

Lavenderlassie

Thanks, Twinky, great idea about the messages
Look after yourself
Lavender
xx

Lavenderlassie

Dear Jane,
Thank you so much for posting to tell us all about Clare's going. So glad to hear it was peaceful for her.
We have all learned so much from her and laughed and cried along the way.
We miss her, even if we didn't meet her, how much harder must it be for you, her loving family and friends.
My sympathy to you all, every one.
And rest in peace in a heavenly garden, Clare
Lavender

donnad

Today I wore turqoise in Clare's memory. She will be remembered by so many of us on here.
Twinky, I think the idea you had is lovely and I agree with your suggestion.
My thoughts are with Clare's lovely family
Donna x

Tournesol

Really sorry to hear of Clare's passing. She was an inspiration to so many of us. My thoughts are with her family and friends.
Rest in peace Clare.
Tournesol xx
janipi

So sorry you finally had to leave us Clare. You touched so many hearts in the last few months. A truly special person. xx

chrisp1e

So sorry to hear of Clare's passing. My thoughts are with the family and all of you who knew her through this thread.
Clare - you no longer are in pain and hope you are enjoying the garden of heaven.
Christine xxx

jennie6996

Twinky I think thats a lovely idea.

Jennie x

nicky08
Community Champion

Thank you Jane for letting us know about your/our dear Clare, particularly when it must be such a sad, emotional time for you all. Clare was always in my thoughts even though I didn't post on here everyday and the forum will be a sadder place without her lively updates. I am so glad she shared her journey with Secondary BC with us, it gives me strength to face what may come and I hope I can carry on as she has right up to the very last. My thoughts are with all of your family right now, take care and may peace be with you all.
Nicky xx
ps Twinky, that's a great idea. And, secondly I tried to post this morning only to see the site had crashed. I can only assume it was all the tributes coming in for Clare, and maybe a last sign from her that she hadn't lost her sense of humour.

keepthefaith

I too am another lurker who has dipped into this thread from time to time. One thing's for sure, Clare was an amazing strong and vibrant woman, and very special. I send my sincere condolences to you, Jane, and the rest of Clare's family. Thank you for keeping in touch.
Clare, "may the choirs of angels come to greet you, may they take you to paradise" RIP.
KTF xx

Butterfly_61

Thank you Jane for letting us now about Clare's passing.

I followed this post from the beginning but couldn't find the words to respond as eloquently as Clare and others did. Instead I admired her and her strength, courage, determination and honesty from afar willing her to reach the many goals she had set herself. What an amazing lady!

My heartfelt condolences to you, Jane and your Mum, Dad and Tom but especially to Jamie and Aisling who have lost a wonderful mother so young.

Take care all, much love, Liz, x

Dugsy

What terribly sad news. I was only a lurker on this thread but could see what a special lady Clare was.
She will be missed not only by her family & friends but also by everyone who 'knew' her on this forum.
Be at peace Clare & sleep well.
Dugsy x

laylalayla

We will always remember her.

junieliz

Hi Twinky I think it would be a good idea for the book in Clare's memory. We will all miss this lovely lady. Every flower is Clare now we will never forget you, love junieliz x

sivam

Eternal Rest grant unto her o Lord may she Rest in Peace ,Amen
candles burn for Claredrops in the surreal chapel in the woods
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=ddw

Leeds39

Thank you Jane for letting us know. Clare you are a truly special lady who touched my heart I will always be a claredrop.
Sending lots of love to your family and Aisling and Jamie.
Love Fran
xx

busybee2161

The booklet is a lovely idea Twinky. Would love to know just how many have posted.

myrtleju

My thoughts and prayers are with your family Clare Rest in Peace

In one of the stars you will be living
In one of the stars you will be laughing
And so it shall be as if all the stars were laughing when we look at the sky at night

xxxx
Lost_4_Words

Clare you brought light and love into our lives, you are a special lady and your memory will live on in all the lives you ever touched. Truly inspirational and a privilege to 'know' you, sweet dreams lovely lady.
Deepest sympathy to all the family at this sad time. May the pain of losing her be softened by the many precious memories of her, Clare, mother, daughter, sister, friend rest in peace.

alanaa

The pages of a precious book will fade, the most beautiful flower will wilter, imperishable will be the memories of you Clare.
Sleep in peace special Lady and my sincere condolences to all the family

Alanaa xx

donnad

Jane, Thank you for letting us know of your sad loss.
I have little to add to that already posted, I am so very sad for you all.
Tomorrow I will wear turquoise in Clare's honour and will forever remember the brave and lovely Clare every time I see snowdrops in the spring.
Thank you Clare for helping all us ladies here, sorry, lost for the right words..
Rest in peace Clare
Donna x

Twinky68

I was thinking of copying the posts since the news if her passing to give to the family at the funeral as it's those posts that are appropriate for the family to read at this point in time. The rest is personal to Clare & she shared it with us & us alone. I will make a nice booklet of the comments since Jane's sad post for the family to read at their leisure. I hope this sounds like a nice idea....shout if you think it's not!

Twinky x

Alto

Thank you Jane for letting us know the news. I'm so glad Clare left us peacefully and surrounded by the love of her family and knowing that she made the very best of her life. She's in a beautiful garden of flowers for ever now.

I'm sure Aisling and Jamie will grow up into fine young people, knowing that mum is always with them. I'm sure that if there weren't already masses of snowdrops in heaven then there very soon will be!

Sending all my love and prayers to all the family.

Jane xxx
katyb61

Clare brought a light into more lives than she ever knew. It's hard to think we will read no more wise, funny, honest posts from her. Sleep in peace, lovely girl.

scottishlass

So many lovely words for a lovely lady. You were loved Clare and you wil be missed.
Thank you Jane.This must have been a difficult post to write. Thinking about you and all the family at this sad time. love Val

Libralady

Its ok now Clare, you're free. The memory of your journey will keep us all fighting on

Love you Clare xxx

Rest in Peace

Fairy1518

I am so saddened to hear this news. Thank you for letting us know Jane, and my heartfelt sympathy goes out to you and Clare's family. I am another lurker who read Clare's posts.
Goodnight, God Bless Clare.
Kym xx

Gav86

Rest in peace clare, i only ever 'spoke' to you once on here, you were obviously very loved by your family and im
Sure youre two children will live on to live how you would wish and continue to make you proud, we never forget the courage and dignity in which a loved one with cancer carries on no matter what, you are an inspiration clare, sleep tight xxx

pesteringpixie

God bless Clare and all your family.
Clare's courage, dignity and complete lack of self-pity have been an inspiration and i feel priviliged to have been able to follow this thread. Thank you for all you have given so freely and selflessly. Sleep gently lovely lady.

Pixie xx

loula

Such sad news but comforting to know that Clare's passing was peaceful, with her parents at her side. Love to all the family of this very special lady.
Loula

jannyjan1

So sorry to hear this. Hope your in a safe place away from the pain. God bless Clare and thank you for sharing your journey lots of love from another lurker.
Jan xx

vercors

Jane, I thought about making a copy of this thread and giving it to her family, then I started having doubts as there are some personal stuff about Tom and the kids. I now feel that unless edited we do not have the rights to give it to her kids. It feels like we can't be trusted with a secret.
I hope Jane posts the details of the funerals, as I told Clare I would be there if at all possible.
Good night Clare! Sleep tight with the angels.

JulieD
Community Champion

Hugs to all on this thread who will miss Clare.But biggest hugs love and strength to you Jane and family and close friends
JulieD
Community Champion

Dear Jane,
Thankyou for thinking of us and coming on to tell us the sad news of Clares passing. I read your post this morning and it's taken me all day to come on and respond as I was lost for words - still am.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, your parents,Jamie, Aisling and Tom I'm sure you will give each other strength and your memories will bring you some comfort.
I don't need to tell you that Clare was a wonderful woman, you're her sister so you know just how special she was, you must be proud of her and the way she lived her life specially over the past few months.
Clare has had a huge impact on many women on this site and lots of us will remember her fondly for the rest of our lives.I feel priviledged to share in part of her life for a short while and will be ever grateful for her openess, her zest for life,her love of nature and her sharing her precious time,tales and memories.
I like many others will miss Clare and I'm sad at her passing but I'm grateful to have 'known' her and I am pleased she died peacefully with those that loved her with her and that she is now pain free and at peace.She lives on through her family and will always be part of you.
RIP lovely Clare, rest peacefully lovely lady,your memory and the love you instilled will live on in your claredrops and followers.God bless, thank-you. I love you xx
GIJaneH

Thank you Jane, for letting us know. Thank you Clare for all you were and are.. thank you for letting us share these last, precious months. Everyone has said it all....
"Clare, Into the freedom of the wind and the sunshine, we let you go..
into the dance of the stars and the planets, we let you go
into the wind's breath and the hands of the Starmaker, we let you go
We love you Clare
We miss you
We want you to be happy
Go safely
Go dancing
go running home to God
Amen"

I don't know whether Jane will log in and read any of this, but if the family want it, would it be possible for BCC to give them a copy of this thread, as a memory/gift... they can hear her "speak" and be reminded of how many, many lives she touched... is it possible Mods?

Jane

RevCat

I have just picked up this sad news, thank you Twinky and Vercors for your texts. I hope this posts.. weak signal and Kindle.

Clare you have touched so many lives with your love,humour and honesty. I will miss your posts but am glad you now have peace and release from pain.

Heartfelt condolences to Jane to Jamie and Aisling and all the wider family.

Rest in Peace Clare...

Romans 8:38-39... Clare knew and trusted this promise.
moser

My thoughts are with Clare's family, I am so, so, sorry. Clare was a remarkable person and has touched so many hearts and made a difference to so many lives. She brought such love to these forums and "surreal place" has been somewhere I have come at least every day since she first started the thread in January. We will all miss her presence, her love and her humour. I will try to take those things with me into my journey.
With love to you all, Mo xx

LesleyLP

I am so saddened to read this news even though we all knew it was coming.i don't post much but have followed this thread from the start and along with everyone else found Clare to be a truly inspirational person. Thank you Jane for letting us know. My thoughts are with you, your parents, Clare's children and all her family and friends. RIP Clare xx

mgsm

I've been following this thread since I discovered the forum last year...yet another lurker. Clare, tho I never met you or even 'spoke' to you on here ..... you felt like a friend ....thank -you.

mafsmum

Thank you Clare for helping many of us see life in a different way over the last 6 months. Love to all this wonderful lady's family.
From another lurker x

lilly7

So sorry to hear this news today. Goodnight, Clare, a wonderful person.

My thoughts are with Clare's family, so sorry for your loss .

jennie6996

All my love to Clares family. My thoughts and prayers are with you. She has been such an inspiration to us all.
From yet another clare lurker,

Jennie x

Tulip9

Thank you Jane, you must be so proud of Clare, she was truly awe inspiring. I feel priveliged to have been able to read her posts these last months.
Love to you all x

Patchit

RIP Clare.
Sending condolences to Clare's family and friends, I have read this thread from the beginning and she was truly and inspirational lady.
Love and peace to you all
Joan xxx

tillybob

So sorrry to read this news, Rest in Peace lovely lady, we never met but we felt we knew you.
Jean,

DJ007

I can't add anything to what has already been said.

Much love to all her family and friends. Knowing something is going to happen doesn't make it any easier.

Dx

Midge

So sad to read this news. Rest in peace.
Debx

lizzy_c

RIP clare free from pain at last
my thoughts are with your family at this very sad time to those that knew you and loved you the memory of you will never fade it will live on forever
good night god bless xx lizzy c

lucinda

Sleep tight lovely lady. My thoughts are with your family.

Lucinda xx

ragamuffin

Thank you Jane for letting us know. Love and sympathy to all of Clare's family.
Rest in peace special Lady you will be sorely missed by everyone on the forums.
I feel privileged to have met you.
Love Diana x