1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am in a really surreal place.........

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: I am in a really surreal place.........

It would have been Clare's birthday today & I had planned to take some flowers to the church cemetary & also visit her family with a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts but I was rather ill last night & I shall be doing well to make it to radiotherapy & back today. Such a shame. Didn't want Clare's family to think Ihad forgotten about her. I shall have to try & go when I am better.

Twinky
katytc

I think it would be lovely if this thread did keep running, Clare left such an impression on everyone. The posts on here are so kind, funny and heartfelt so many wonderful ladies brought together by Clare, our special star xx

vercors

Today I was a marshall at Race for Life, we were issued T-shirts.They were! Yes you guessed right, turquoise. It was a very special day.

scottishlass

WELSHGIRL, i AM SORRY THAT YOU ARE BACK IN THE WAITING ROOM. HOPE YOUR RESULT IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT AND THAT ALL WIL BE WELL FOR YOU. keep us posted when you know. Val

libsue

Welshgirl, I'm sorry to hear your news and I of course wish you a good result, I hope you don't have to wait long for the result. You sound very strong which is commendable. As you inferred what we've been through does make us stronger women.

Good luck and please keep us informed. My thoughts, positive ones, are with you.

Libby xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Just reread some of the comments here and of course my face is flooded with tears just remembering Clare's goodness and the love shared here....
It was a magnificent spirit we shared in and I for one would love it to continue so that we can continue to support each other in all our differing phases of BC..
I'm back waiting for results after a lump was found at my recent mammogram...
Being back in that waiting room reminds me how much stronger I am now after my initial waiting period....
What will be will be, but of course I'm hoping for a positive outcome.
Thinking of us all tonight.
Sleep tight with hugs from Welsh girl xxx
myrtleju

not been fully involved but been following posts just wanted to say today i recived a garden catalouge and it contained a page with a SNOW DROP TREE something new it looks lovley and made me think of Clare xxxx
ChoccieMuffin

It's turquoise for me. At Guilfest this weekend, and obviously there are nicknacks for sale. Many with turquoise things. So Clare obviously came to mind, as she always will when i see turquoise.

Hugs to all Claredrops.

AnnieK68

I'm like Libby - I only come here when I receive an email notification.
I still think of Clare often, in the garden or like today when Mum said I had a pretty top on - my turquoise top purchased in honour of Clare!
It would be nice for us to still keep in touch via the thread as Clare had brought us all together, it would be a shame to drift apart ...
Love to all

Axx

supertrouper

Life does go on. None of us who followed this thread will forget Clare but we do have to carry on. I think of her everytime I see a flower, and it makes me smile.

libsue

Me too, Twinky. I rarely visit the site now but I received an email notification informing me you'd posted, so here I am.

I hope your treatment's going well and you aren't suffering too much. Have you had your last chemo?

Libby x

Guest user
Not applicable

I find it hard to see this thread silent now. Miss Clare so much. Still can't believe she has gone. I feel a bit lost without her.

Twinky x
moser

Thank you Twinkie for your account of Clare's funeral and all you have done - the booklet, the flowers, the secret mission! Thank you CM for starting the Just Giving page in Clare's memory.
Rest in peace Clare.
love,
Mo xxx

sarahlousie

RIP Clare, I didn't know you but followed this thread, you inspired me and gave me courage to face this terrible disease, you will be missed by so many, you are now free from pain and suffering, you are with the angels and the stars above, sending my heartfelt sympathies to your family.
Love and light
sarahlouise xx
ChoccieMuffin

It was a beautiful service, and I was proud to be there to represent the hundreds of ladies on here who I knew were wearing turquoise in the garden. It was indeed a celebration of Clare's life as well as a mourning of her death, and there were smiles too, remembering Clare. The trip to Beaconscott model village was mentioned, as were snowdrops. I loved seeing all the turquoise - just about everyone had something turquoise on - how typical for Clare that there was a touch of individualism.

Standing by the grave we had the chance to say our goodbyes.

I am pleased to report that your generous donations in memory of our lovely Clare have reached £365, for BCC. Thank you, ladies.

katytc

Thank you vercors, chocciemuffin and twinky, I think it was lovely twinky giving the collection of thoughts and condolences to Clare's family. xx

Guest user
Not applicable

HI Twinky I had a turqoise top on as well and stood quietly at 1 reflecting.
Thank you for telling us about the day.
Love fran
xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Twinky, thanks for letting us know about today, you explained how it went so well. It must have been very difficult for you Jenny and Sophie, thank you for representing us all. I was sat having a quite moment at 1pm thinking of Clare and her family, she was a very special lady and will be with us in all seasons of colour in the garden, especially bringing us warm smiles during the snowdrop cold season. Thinking of Clare's children and parents, sister and Tom at this sad time. Love to you too hope you are taking care of you, love junieliz x
DJ007

Thank you Twinky for the update x

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Twinky
Once again thank you to the three of you for representing us. I can only imagine how sad it was for you and Clares family to say goodbye.
Clare will never be forgotten and maby through her posts on here, her children will find comfort in knowing how amazing and inspiring their mum was.

Maj xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies
Back home & flopped on the sofa. It was a lovely service. Tom made a very touching speech & also one of Clare's poems was also read as part of the service. I can report that there was lots of lovely turquoise clothing items including ties from the men & done had turquoise ribbons pinned to their jackets. Snowdrops also were mentioned as was the community on here & the three of us felt proud to represent everyone here. I made a booklet with a picture of snowdrops on the front with all the lovely comments on here. I gave a copy to Jamie & Aisling and also one to Jane to keep. We also got to meet her lovely mother too. All three of them are very alike. No mistaking that they are related! Same warmth, kindness & sense of humour!
Unfortunately the sun did not shine today & we stood in the pouring rain as the casket was lowered into the ground. She had some pretty turquoise bows on it & the family flowers were cream. Jenny, Sophie & I went to stand & say goodbye once all the family & friends had moved away. We stood there hugging one another as it was so sad to be saying farewell to such a wonderful lady. My heart breaks to think of her two children having to carry on without her, especially Aisling at such a difficult age as she approaches womanhood but they have awonderful Auntie in Jane & loving grandparents too & of course Tom living at home with them to help them through.

Hugs to all of you who wore turquoise today & paused to remember Clare at 1pm.

Twinky x
Guest user
Not applicable

Another turquise T-Shirt here thinking of a lovely inspirational lady, we will never forget you Clare, love junieliz x
DJ007

Wearing a turquoise T-Shirt, remembering Clare and thinking of her family and friends.
x

supertrouper

I am sitting at my desk at work thinking about Clare and all of us. I am wearing a turquoise top and looking out the window at the bright red geraniums that we planted a month ago to brighten up the place.
Rest in peace Clare

weme

I am wearing turquoise today as well in memory of Clare. I hope it goes well and thank you to Twinky , Choccie & Vercors for representing us. Raise a glass and toast Clare's memory for us all. God bless. Weme. X

VerityC

Just logged on!
Love your poems, Scottish lass and RevCat.
Thanks Twinky.

I am off to my garden....

xx

JulieD
Community Champion

I'm about to go and put on my turquoise top, good job I didn't put it on thismorning as have just made a vegan chocolate cake and you should see the state of me!!
Thanks for the lovely poem Rev.
Thanks for doing the printing Twinky and thanks to you, CM and Vercors for representing us. Raise a glass for me too!
Will be either in my garden at 1 o'clock remembering Clare and thinking of all those at her funeral specially her beloved family. Also all those whose life Clare touched.
Thank you Clare, bless you my lovely one. Enjoy Gods garden and be at peace.
Julie xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you for representing us Twinky , Choccie & Vercors. We will be with you in spirit. I am wearing turquoise and will stop at 1pm to remember a lovely lady that we all felt we knew but never met.

May her family have strenght to get through and know that Clare was a very special Lady who will not be forgotten by her claredrops.
RIP Clare
Maj xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks for representing us Twinky, Choccie and Vercors. I'm sure it will be a lovely service, full of wonderful memories of Clare. Extra tissues will be needed I'm sure.
Also wearing turquoise and will be thinking of Clare today. Raise a glass in celebration for a life well lived that touched so many strangers and brought us together.
It may be a dull and wet day but I'm sure Clare would see it from the point of view of a gardener - much needed rain to allow things to grow and flourish.
Laurie x
lottie63

My thoughts are with Clare, her family and friends today.. A wonderfully strong, vibrant and gifted lady taken far too soon, A big thank you to Twinky, Vercors and CM for representing us all today, I shall also stand in the garden at 1 o/clock and have thoughts of Clare and also all the Ladies who lost their battle with bc and those of us who are still fighting it,

Love & Hugs to you all
Janice xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thinking of Claire and her family today. Much love to you all and a very special Thank You and bon voyage to Claire. I know she will be with her much loved family and her dear friends today and will never leave her wonderful children. I am wearing turquise today for Claire and also Twinky, Choccie and Vercors. Raise a glass to Claire from me girls Lots of love to you all. Annxxxxxxxx
Bettie

Hi I am lurker on this site and am just posting my condolence to Jane and family. I am wearing turquoise and even though it is raining hard I will have a minute in the garden to remember Clare.I know we would would have all liked the sun to shine but Clare would have understood the rain as it makes the garden ever more beautiful.
My thoughts are with those going to the funeral and especially the family
Bettie xx

Steris

Hi Ladies,

Just want to let you know that I will be thinking about Claire today and wanted to say she gave so much inspiration through this thread. I'm followed Claire journey which was amazing and a lesson to us all on how dignified Claire was.

I will wear something turquoise a lovely vibrant colour like the lovely, beautiful lady she was and will be thinking of Claire and her Clairedrops. I will light a turquoise candle for you and my thoughts will be with you all and especially Claire's family.

Sweet dreams to a sweet lady

Love
Chris xxxx

RevCat

Thank you Twinky, Vercors and CM.

Snowdrop for me today too.
Guest user
Not applicable

Today I have snowdrops instead of bunnies in memory of Clare.

Twinky x
libsue

Revcat, the poem is so beautiful, thank you for posting it.

Twinky, thanks for being so good in keeping us all informed, it really is most kind of you. Of course I shall be thinking of Clare at 1.00pm tomorrow, and will also think of her dear family, my thoughts will go out to you too as I know you had built a close friendship with Clare over a short time, and it was evident that Clare loved you as much as you loved her.

I, like many others will miss Clare so much, I'll never forget her or her humour, affability, kindness shown to others, strength of character, thoughtfulness and I could go on, Clare was a truly remarkable lady who's memory will live forever. I feel privileged to have been a part of this - Clare's thread.

Libby x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Ladies

I have just been to collect all your thoughts & condolences since Jane posted the sad news of Clare's passing. Moved me to tears reading through them again & so many of you leaving those messages too. I hadn't realised there were so many lurkers! Sophie, Jenny & I (Vercors, ChoccieMuffin & Twinky68) will be attending the funeral and representing all of you here. ChoccieMuffin has promised to bring extra tissues but I hope we will smile too, remembering all the fun we had both online & in the flesh with Clare. We shall be popping to the RedLion afterwards for a drink in her memory. That is where some of the 'lunches' took place so it is appropriate we raise a glass in there to her. One for the road...

Bless you all for your kind thoughts & I hope her family find comfort in reading them. I just hope my ink cartridge doesnt run out...

Love to you all

Twinky x
Guest user
Not applicable

Lovely poem Revcat. I will also be wearing turquoise tomorrow for Clare.
Thinking of Clare and her Family. Hope you all find Peace xx
supertrouper

RevCat - that is so apt. Turquoise top is ready for tomorrow.

Guest user
Not applicable

Revcat - wonderful poem xx
Will be in my garden at one o clock tomorrow weather permitting and thinking of claire.
Love to all who are going tomorrow
Love Rosie xxx
emmy

Rev Cat that is so lovely and very apt! I too will wear turquoise tomorrow and will be thinking of Clare's family. xxx

RevCat

I was googling snowdrop and turquoise, thinking I might find a little picture I might 'borrow' for tomorrow. Instead I found this little poem:

[color=#3366ff] Little Snowdrop
[color=#3366ff]The world may never notice
[color=#3366ff]If a snowdrop doesn’t bloom
[color=#3366ff]Or even pause to wonder
[color=#3366ff]If the petals fall too soon
[color=#3366ff]But every life that ever forms
[color=#3366ff]Or ever comes to be
[color=#3366ff]Touches the world in some
[color=#3366ff]Small way for all eternity
[color=#3366ff]The little one we longed for
[color=#3366ff]Was swiftly here and gone
[color=#3366ff]But the love that was planted
[color=#3366ff]Is a light that still shines on
[color=#3366ff]And though our arms are empty
[color=#3366ff]Our hearts know what to do
[color=#3366ff]Every beating of our hearts
[color=#3366ff]Says that we love you
[color=#3366ff]
[color=#3366ff]
[color=#3366ff]author unknown
From http://www.charliesangel.co.uk where it is available on a turquoise bookmark.
Although it is probably intended as a response to a neonatal death, it seems apposite for dear Clare too.
katytc

Thinking of Clare's family at this very sad time, will be wearing turquoise tomorrow and remembering Clare with all the other drops and extras. xx

GIJaneH

I have a turquoise clerical shirt, which I shall wear to work on Friday - and remember Clare in the chapel at 1pm... she has been such a gift to us all... thoughts with Aisling, Jamie, Jane and co..... I bet the flowers will be fab and different somehow!
Jane

RevCat

I'll be in turguoise too... will be en route to a rural part of Scotland to conduct a marriage cermeony under a tree in a garden* and will pause at 1 p.m. to remember and gives thanks for Clare. I like to think she would have approved of the bridal bouquet of wild flowers and the reception in a byre, symbolising the love and hope of a young couple.

Also remembeirng Aisling, Jamie, Jane, Tom, Clare's parents and the wider circle of relatives and friends.

*Scottish marriage law differs from that in England, too complicated to explain here, and it is legal to carry out a religious marriage in a home or out of doors whereas a civil one must be in a registered building.
Cackles

I too can't be there on Friday but will wear turquoise . And be there in spirit.

DJ007

The only thing turquoise I've got is a rather ancient T-shirt - but it will be worn to work on Friday and I'll make sure I'm walking in a garden at 1pm.

Dx

AnnieK68

I have bought a turquoise top just for Clare and will wear it on Friday to remember her. I will wear it when I "Race for Life" in a couple of weeks too and stand out from the crowd.

Love to all, I'm sure that there will be a lot of us stopping to remember Clare at 1pm Friday xx

JulieD
Community Champion

Thats a good idea CM, will wear turquoise Friday, can't make it to the funeral but will set time aside at 1 to think of Clare and her family and all at the service. Good idea about the Just Giving pages too.
supertrouper

I am working on Friday but have picked out a turquoise top that I will be wearing. Clare has been in my thoughts for months now and I will never forget her or forget to say thanks that I am still here to be able to say these words.