1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am in a really surreal place.........

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: I am in a really surreal place.........

Hi.....just thought I would toss this idea out there....should we invite Tom, Jamie & Aishling to our meal?

Twinky x

If anyone wants us to include you 'virtually' in our meet up for Clare, let us know. We'll be thinking of you, thinking of Clare.

Feeling sad tonight.

Guest user
Not applicable

Just want to say that it's lovely that you ladies are meeting up again. Would love to meet you all but live too far away. i often think of clare and her family. Hopefully I will be able to raise a glass to her memory on the date you meet up. I too hope this thred keeps going as it is so inspirational and full of love.
Love to all
Maj xx

OK, younshould have received a PM. If you haven't, shout!
Stupid system, I had tonsend them one by one. i could not send one message to several recipients.
Take care everyone.

Hi all,
Please can someone pm me with directions and a post-code if possible? I have never managed to get to one of your meet ups with Clare. Also what time are we meeting? Thanks! x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies
Looking forward to our meet up next month & we should all be wearing a turquoise item in memory of Clare. I haven't been back to see her family since the funeral. I must try & pop over soon.

Hugs

Twinky x

The Red Lion at Adderbury is a great pub.....you will all enjoy yourselves the sharing p,attests are enormous.
Hungry Cackles

VerityC - I have sent you a private message about SCACO.

Hi All,

I have only just seen this suggestion of a meet up! What a fantastic idea, but I am not sure I can do that weekend. I will see if I can rearrange things as it would be lovely to meet you all in person.
I will come back to you....IF I can find the link again...I am finding this site harder and harder to navigate.
I actually came on here this evening because it occurred to me that I still don't know how SCACO is. A while ago she was in hospital with problems with her liver, I believe. I cannot find the link. Has anyone here heard more of her please?

V x

Clare's local pub is very nice, we went there with Clare and sat outside in the sunshine giggling like a bunch of teenagers.

wish I lived close enough for one of these get togethers. I searched through this thread yesterday looking for Clare's fish pie recipe. Found it and copied it to somewhere safe.

Someone will have to give me postcode and time etc of meet place as i didn't get to any of the get togethers with Clare. Have put the 20th in my diary. Looking forward to it. xxx

Sofar we've got Twinky, CM, Janipi, Ragamuffin, DJ007 & Moser.
As Central Oxford is a pig to get to at the week end and most of us will be travelling by car. What about meeting up in Clare's favourite pub in Deddington? Now CM and Twinky would have to remind us the name ( I am useless at pub names).
Happy to pick Ragamuffin from Oxford station on the way.
Looking forward to seeing you all.

Blast I am going on a Cruise and will be winding my way up to Bonnie Scotland on the 19th Not to fret I will raise a glass to you all......and will promise to arrange the next day out. I will need photos of the motly crew!!!!!!
Lots of big Hugs
Cackles

Guest user
Not applicable

Moved....so I can come now! Please keep me updated x can't wait to see you all.
Twinky x x

Twinks, that would be great if you could.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies
Lovely to see some posts here again. I am supposed to be away on the weekend of the 20th but will look at trying to move it do I can join you all. Think we should be wearing turquoise when we meet! Would be lovely to see CM & Vercors again & meet some others of you for the first time.

I will report back when I know about possibly moving my trip x
Twinky x

Sounds like it's Saturday 20th. Ragamuffin, do you want a lift? Seems a bit daft for you to go by train when a minor detour could give you a lift. I promise I'll take the car rather than the motorbike though. Unless of course you'd rather have a trip on the back of a Harley... but you'd probably be a bit stiff when you got off at the end...

I don't come on to this site so much these days but Clare really touched my heart with her honesty, humour and kindness. sadly I never got to meet her but I would love to join you all and raise a glass to her. Oxford is my patch so easy for me. x

Hi Vercors
Thanks for taking the initiative - Saturday the 20th of October in Oxford would be fine with me too.
D. xx

I can't do the 6th, but could probably do the 20th.
Don't mind where - anywhere down the M40 corridor is fine. Happy to pick people up on the way - I will be coming from Shropshire.
Dx

I could probably make the 20th x

Ok i will throw A few dates in the air and see.
It seems that quite a few of us are working full time, so I suggest Saturday 6 or 20 October. How about Oxford, it might be easier for those using public transports. I will need to check some pubs not far from the station. Don't know if there is a decent one, we shall soon find out.
Let me know what you think.

Please can you keep the "virtual" lunchers up to date with your plans?? Lovely to see thread popping up again especially with lunch dates etc, I'm sure Clare would love it xx

hi all , just logged in after a long time and saw this thread again.Wow would really like to meet up, I was somewhere between a Claredrop and a lurker. i work full time now, a weekend nearer Christmas would be good . i can do Oxfordshire or elsewhere , am pretty central in the west mids. Hope you all are feeling ok. Like you all,I miss this thread Xx.

I'm back from holidays and would love to meet up. Letrozole playing merry hell with me so not yet fit to look for work. Any day except Tuesday suits me ( take my grand daughter to swimming lesson) so just say where and when. I also think of Clare often but especially when I'm in the garden or wearing turquoise. Love to all Claredrops xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Sounds like a great idea. Wish I could come and join you all and meet you in person....
One day nearer Christmas I will definitely be up near Oxford area so will flag my whereabouts then....
Think of Clare often when I'm tending my tubs this summer....
Also value the wonderful support that was quite abundant during Clare's last few months. I am so glad I knew her and feel a wiser woman for that thought!

Wx

Yes, yes, yes, that's a lovely idea. We were going to do so the day of her funeral but I don't think any of us felt like it at the time. Just say where and when. It would be nice to go to Clare's pub (and the scoff there was rather tasty!) but anywhere would do.

No problem Vecors and others .....you name the day. Clare wouldn't mind if it is not Oxfordshire. A central place might be best. I am going back to work on Thursday's only so I am quite free.....have car will travel!!!!!
You are doing an amazing thing with the Thames walk Vecors. Where are you up to?

Yes yes yes, I am all up for it! I don't know if Ragamuffin is back from australia yet. I am In the last stages of my walk, only 20km to go. My 83 year ild mother is coming with me for the last stretch, so I have splitit into 2. So I am walking this week end and the next.
I am sure I can take an extended lunch break from work to meet you up.
Twinky might be back at work as well.

Clare was a lovely lady who brought so much joy to so many of us, posters and lurkers alike. I like the idea that those who met her in life could meet up and raise a glass to her vicariously for the rest of us.

I always think of Clare when I am ironing, as we seemed to share alove of freshly ironed linen!!

I would love to meet you all and raise a glass in Clare's honour. For me to attand, it would have to be a weekend as I'm back at work full-time.

Cackles I think that's a lovely idea, unfortunately I live too far away but would be with you all virtually, though perhaps I could catch a ride on the blue bike that zooms around Benchland xx

Vecors ,Choccie . Twinky Katy's DJ 007 , verity Alesta, etc etc we all should meet up again soon at Clare's favourite pub in addebury.
Any one interested. ?

I think so much of her as a lovely serene lady. The ascites was bad and the steroids! had done their worst ....but she shone through all of this. So let this forum tick over until we too need it.

I took the washing to the launderette today (busted washing machine and a mountain of dirty clothes) and thought of Clare when I took out the turquoise bathmat. I smiled, thinking how she'd appreciate being associated with such an un-cancerish item!

I've never owned so much turquoise x

Saw a lady in town today dressed in a turquoise blouse with matching necklace just brought back memories of Clare.
Such a gift to leave such a huge impression on us all, love to drops and extras xx

Back from my hols and a garden that needed a lot of tlc. I usually spend 1/2 hour and then stop, today I was in the garden for almost three hours. As I tackled the weeds, I remembered some of Clare's advice. That kept me going. Thank you Clare!

Dear CM, What new toy do you have I must have missed it. Been out of hospital since Wednesday after hip repacement. I too think of Clare often and woder how her family are coping. Twinky I am sure that her family wil understand. Yu need to take care of YOURSELF now. That is what Clare would have wanted you to do. We can only do what we can do and it is difficult to plan anything in advance as we do not know how we will feel on the day. This is something that took me a long time to come to terms with. Clare is still missed athough I never met her we used to PM often. Val

Hi All,
Hear hear...The thread that Clare started made compelling reading, and it occurred to me today, when I logged on for the first time in several weeks, that I still miss the very warm sense of community that I got when reading the thread. That is partly because the site changes have made this site harder to navigate, but also because Clare's thread was such a draw for so many of us. It is lovely to see these recent comments.
Yes, I also think of Clare's family often and I wonder how they are doing. So, so sad....
Verity. x

Twinks, like you I find Clare popping into my head from time to time - every time there's mention of gardens, whenever I see the colour turquoise, and any time anybody does something they probably shouldn't and has a sparkle in their eye while doing it! I am sure Clare would laugh with delight at my new toy, I reckon she was with me when I was out playing today.

If you do get to pop in to see her family, you can let them know that Clare is most certainly not forgotten.

Hi Twinky & Claredrops,

I finally managed to do Race for Life last weekend (it was postponed due to the weather!) and as promised I wore my turquoise top and dedicated to Clare & All Claredrops amongst others.

Axx

Guest user
Not applicable

I still think of Clare lots. Still can't believe she has gone. Not been back to see the family for a while but my heart goes out to them.

Twinky x
Guest user
Not applicable

Went shopping with my daughter inlaw today and she chose a turquoise top. I immediately thought of Clare.
Miss your posts
Maj x

I miss this thread and the laughter and sometimes tears that it used to bring. Clare was awe inspiring and I will never forget her.

Thank you Twinky.
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Twinky and all our friends, thank you for letting us know it is Clare's birthday today, thoughts are with Clare and her family on this special day. Clare was such an inspiration to all of us, let us keep her thread going, it is what she would have wanted. Clare was able to unite us all a very lovely lady loved by all of us. junieliz x
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Twinky for the reminder. Hope Clares family are coping best they can.
i read this thread every day. Really hope it keeps going
Maj x
nicky08
Community Champion

Thank you Twinky for reminding us of Clare's birthday, what a sad day this must be for her family. Sorry I've not been on here of late and sorry to hear you are not feeling so good at the moment, hoping that you feel better soon, good luck with the rads.
Nicky x