375799posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am in a really surreal place.........

2,148 REPLIES 2,148
belinda

Re: I am in a really surreal place.........

Remembering Clare and with Love to her family and her friends. X
supertrouper

Remembering Clare (Potmaid) - it's now 2 years since you got your wings and too many friends have now joined you.  I planted over 100 claredrops in my  garden this spring and thought about you whilst I did.

supertrouper

Claredrops are out in my garden - I will never ever forget Clare xxx RIP

Dianab29

RevCat

Remembering Clare with affection and bittersweet smiles. Proud to call myself a Claredrop, and to have met so many other other lovely ladies in this really surreal place xxx.
JulieD
Community Champion

I think dear Clare will always be remembered by her Claredrops specially when the snowdrops are in bloom, bless you Clare for bringing so many together xx
Angelfalls

Remembering Clare and all the Claredrops and hoping Clare's family are doing ok. That year has gone by so quickly.

katytc

Will always remember Clare and this wonderful thread, turquiose, claredrops and wheelchair racing, a forever memory xx

trudy2010

Clare, so greatly remembered xx

supertrouper

On the 17th of June it will be exactly 12 months since Clare died - I watched the snowdrops appear and now they have gone again, but I know they will be back. For me they will always be called Claredrops.

Emperortooco

Snowdrops out in full bloom, lovely Claire you are always on my mind xx

JulieD
Community Champion

Your bunnies must know the significance of snowdrops! Good luck with the climb, great idea to carry your dear departed to the summit xx
Twinky68

I have lots of Clare drops in the garden. The bunnies sniff them but don't nibble! Doing a charity event climbing Snowdon in June & going to stitch the names of all the family & friends that I've lost to cancer on my top to carry their memory to the summit with me.

Twinky x

GIJaneH

I saw my Claredrops coming through once the snow melted, and thought of Clare... and you all...
love Jane

JulieD
Community Champion

Tracy that was lovely! Enjoy your trip in Feb and thank you for those words.
I went to London for my treatment today and saw my first lot of snowdrops of the year in the verge, they brought a big smile to my face and a warmth to my heart.Rosiechin I miss the chat here too and am so grateful to Clare for having brought so many people together.
Hugs and blessings to all claredrops xx
tracyld

Snow Drops.......
Pure and white
Little Snow Drop
Pushing through
The hard earth
Tinged with green
Swaying in the cold air
Delicate and fair
A sign of Spring
And Hope for the Future
Each bell
Perfectly formed
Pretty Little Snow Drop.

Rest in peace Claire . I know you was much loved by the ladies on here. I am off to Gloucester in the middle of February to see the snowdrops at the Painswick Rococo Gardens so I am looking forward to seeing the beautiful display of tiny white flowers giving us a carpet of flowers.
Sweet Dreams Clare Drops . Love Tracy xxx
sivam

Today all the snow had washed away overnight and magically I have dozens of "claredrops" peeping through, a candle is lit in the dark woods chapel for you Clare xx

rosiechin

Morning

I have seen lots of Claire drops in the last few weeks reminds me of Claire

Miss this thread and the chat on here

Hugs to everyone
Rosie xx

JulieD
Community Champion

ssupertrouper your post brought me joy, it was lovely to be reminded about the promise of spring and the llovely Claire. Haven't seen any myself yet but will be looking out. Wishing all Clairedrops a comfortable New Year xx
Twinky68

I shall go have a look in mine! I also planted some on Clare's grave so I hope to see those coming up. Choccie Muffin hung a turquoisebauble on her Christmas tree. Wish i'd thought of that.

Hugs to all

Twinky x

supertrouper

OMG - just been in the garden and the first tiny green shoots of my snowdrops (claredrops) and peeping out - only about a centimeter - but its deffinately them!! I immediately thought about Clare and rushed here to post.
Go and have a look in your gardens!

VerityC

ChoccieMuffin, you have summed it up -
"Thank you Clare for bringing us together..."
Brought a tear to my eye....!! And I haven't met you all yet - LOL, as they say, BUT you know what I mean....

VerityC

moser

so glad you had a lovely time, I will hopefully be with you at the Jan/Feb meet. Will get myself some Claredrop bulbs for my garden .
Ps note to self: no more speeding! xx

ChoccieMuffin

We had a lovely meal, and poignantly there was an empty chair at the table. Not deliberate, but very appropriate. We remembered the things about Clare that had made us all laugh in the past, and we laughed again - the wheelchair racing, pancakes, meal when we all turned up and the only trace of us in the house when we'd gone was lots of food for the kids to tuck into, sitting outside the pub giggling naughtily as the sun shone on us (I think that was the last time I saw Clare), Cassie the dog sitting in her custom-made kennel in the kitchen - and Clare's spirit was with us through the meal. We also visited her grave in the churchyard beforehand. Ragamuffin brought a lovely bunch of sunny yellow roses, and there was a potted rose blooming there in the sunshine. Thank you Clare for bringing us together, we miss you.

Twinky68

Hi
Had a lovely time with the Claredroppers yesterday. Great food & great company! Lovely to meet DJ007, janipi &ragamuffin for the first time and also lovely to see chocciemuffin & Vercors looking so well.
Thank you so much to Sophie for the happy bags & also to Janice for the claredrop bulbs. I went back to Clare's grave after the meal & planted them. When we next meet up they should be blooming! Such thoughtful gifts ladies. I will take a trip out soon & catch up with Tom, Jamie & Aishling & let them know that we're still thinking about them & still celebrating the life of Clare. Such a wonderful lady. Much missed.

Twinky x

janipi

Lovely afternoon with Claredroppers. Loving my Happy Bag. I will be getting a supply of them in. www.pixiehappybags.com Great food and people. Good times xx

VerityC

Glad you all had a good time. Thank you for the advance notice of the next meet. I will look forward to being there...

V x

DJ007

Lovely to meet you all.
Really appreciated the Claredrop bulbs - will find a special place to plant them - and my Happy Bag - will definiely be getting some as Christmas gifts.

Dx

vercors

A lovely day, lovely meal, lovely company with Choccie Muffin, Ragamuffin, Twinky68, DJ007, Janipi. We had a toast for Clare.
Janipi kindly brought us We all some snowdrops/claredrops bulbs. I will be planting mine tomorrow. Next meet up will be end of Jan beginning of Feb when the Claredrops start to bloom.

katytc

Raising the glass of glitterberry juice to you all from my virtual table xx Hope today is filled with laughter and memories of Clare and her "naughtieness" xx

RevCat

A toast to Clare, all Claredrops and all Extras.

You were - and always will be - a very special lady. Rest peacefully now. We will remember you.
rosiechin

Have a great lunch ladies xxx

Twinky68

Hi Ladies....see you all tomorrow!

Twinky x

vercors

Moser and Verity, we will miss you.
Janipi, I got your PM. I will call when we get there.
CM, I am picking up Ragamuffin from the 11.48 train into Oxford. I will DM ypu my mobile number.
See youball tomorrow.

ChoccieMuffin

double post

ChoccieMuffin

Vercors, any chance you can pick me up from Oxford too? A bit late to call ragamuffin to see what time she's getting in, but I'm going by train as it'll be cheaper than doing the petrol thing.

See you tomorrow.

CM
x

janipi

Sorry to hear Verity C and Moser won't be coming tomorrow:( There are a few speed traps in Oxon Revcat, so I will take it steady. Looking forward to raising a glass (lemonade or similar) to Clare. xx

VerityC

Hi All,
I am so sad to say that I can not get there tomorrow. I have had two extremely hectic weeks and am shattered. If it was close by I WOULD come anyway but it is a long drive for me and I would probably be dangerous.

I am SO sorry. I will be thinking of you all - and Clare, and I hope to meet you all next time.

x

moser

ha ha Revcat, yes, Clare would be ok with it I think! I'll think of her while I'm having my awareness raised. x

RevCat

Oh dear Moser, that's really the pits. Yet somehow I hear Clare chuckling as I read it - she of the wheelchair racing would certainly understand. There is a true story about two ministers whose work was such they travelled widely. Both were stopped for speeding on the same journey. One was given points, the other, a lovely, chamring man (at whose funeral the story was told) got off with speed awareness and an apology.

Have a lovely day ladies and no speeding in Oxfordshire cos there are zillions of speed traps.
moser

Everyone, so sorry. I am not going to be able to come. A few weeks ago I got zapped for speeding (35 in a 30 limit, so no I am not hell on wheels, just careless). Anyway, I said I would do the speed awareness course and because I work full time I had to take the one this Saturday. I have tried to change it but no joy. So I am really sorry, hope I might be able to come another time and I hope you all really have a great time. Enjoy! I will think of you. xxx

katytc

Have a great day girls, will be thinking of you all xx

golightly

Hi, I've just been reading this thread and finding out what a totally amazing person Clare was, and I just wanted to send you love and hope you enjoy your meet up and friendship. Xx

RevCat

Have a lovely time ladies... will be thinking of you from Glasgow and remembering Clare. Make sure you laugh a lot, seizing the moment, I'm sure thta's what she's wish for.
DJ007

Looking forward to it.
Dx

vercors

Ok ladies, table booked. See you Saturday.

Twinky68

Hi Sophie
Yes I think mentioning us dropping by the church/cemetery at 12:30 is a nice idea then they can come meet us if they like & also know that we have not forgotten Clare.

Twinky x

vercors

Verity,
Sorry, sorry sorry. i thought Inhad PMed you. I just sent the info. I haven't booked the table yet. Inkeep forgeting to,do it. Hopefully today!
Twinky,
I am also two minds about invinting Tom and the kids apart from you, we never really met them, so I am not sure if we/ they will feel at ease. Also Tom does not drive, which means he would be dependent on us picking him up and not being able to leave when he would want.
Alternatively, we could let him know that some of us will drop by the cemetery at 12.30, we could meet him there for a little chat?
looking forward to seeing you all.

majelsty

Hi Twinky,
Think that it would be nice to give them the opportunity. There is nothing lost in asking. They can always opt out if they feel it is too much. M x

VerityC

Twinky,
For what it is worth, I think that is a lovely idea. It may not suit them, there may be too many reminders, but they would have the option and may find it very comforting.
I say "for what it is worth" because it is highly unlikely that I will be there, so really is not up to me. I did not receive a message from Vercors, but that may be because I had said I may not be able to make it. It would be quite good to know exactly when and where, if it is not too late, because there is still the possibility that I might be able to arrange things, IF I am very lucky. If you have booked a table though, do not worry -another time for me.
V x