Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I dread this week

15 REPLIES 15
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: I dread this week

Hi Pinapple

So glad your results were good - and to hear that your hair seems to be awkening, too. Perhaps it will grow all the better in the end for having had a ong rest!

Long may it all continue.

X

S

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Pineapple

I think of you often and am willing your hair to grow again. Thought mine was slow but yours beats the lot. I can now put a slight parting in my new curls and get annoyed when the wind blows it about! But at least it is beginning to look like a choice rather than a necessity, if you know what I mean. Hope your consultant can help.

So glad about the mammo. I am now on one every two years which is a relief.

Much love

Dilys
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Dilys, why do we get so stressed having tests! and when i saw it was miss hitler doing the mamo i nearly ran out BUT i think someone has had a whisper in her ear because for the first time ever she was gentle and it didnt hurt - couldnt believe it, infact i was waiting for her to come back in and say we need to do them again. So that was a welcome suprise.
The HAIR, well its def better than it was, the bald top has now got hair over it all but not thivk enough but i feel like i am getting there and still have hope. When i see my surgeon this afternoon i will ask if he can recomend a dermatologist to see if they can recomend something topical that will just help in that final push.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi there Pineapple

Sounds as if you have had a tough time. But hope you enjoyed the G and T! How is the hair? Not good from the wig references earlier?

Lots of love

Dilys
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Just had my blood test result back. Yipeeeeeee my CA 15.3 has dropped from 10.1 to 8.9 and my ACE is 1,0 - it says should be below 5 and last time it was 1.2. So a very happy day for mje and might have a G&T tonight!

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank god all is looking fine.! phew. I was brickin' it in the waiting room, then had the mamo, then caaled in for echographie thingy and he comes in and said mamo is fine no probs. He then did the scan and said i still have a cyst but it hasnt changed and is normal. Then he scanned u8nder both arms and other breast - at one point i though he had found something under good arm but obvioulsy not.
I then asked him if he could also do liver and he asked if i was worried about it and after saying yes he scanned that as well and said its a normal size and looked fine. The little nodule on it was nothing and hadnt changed from last year.
He asked me how i was feeling and when i said i have so many freinds with this damn disease (not forum friends) and said it is like an eperdemic his reply was yes it is !

Guest user
Not applicable

Hoping very much that it will be another 6 months before your next blood test, Pineapple!

X

S

Guest user
Not applicable

When i first saw Mme Tison coming through my gate i breathed a sigh of relief as she is the ebst one for getting my veins and last time got one first go. So i was suprised when even she failed. Oh well, unless theres something wrong thats it for the next 6 months. I will see about taking something to help improve the state of veins and see if it works for next time.I will ask about Endotelon and pycnogenol when i see surgeon on Friday.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi there angilbert and Pineapple

I have no choice, I'm afraid, as I have lymphoedema in both arms. (And even if I didn't, two axillary clearances would be enough for me to tell them they've got to find somewhere else to take blood). Heck, they've got the rest of your body to pick from!

Frankly, I'd much rather have some brief pain in my feet (the nurse can apply a local anaesthetic if you need it, don't forget) than a spell in hospital with cellulitis or something worse!!

I now know which foot and which vein are best, so it takes no longer than getting blood out of an arm, anymore.

Grape seed extract (marketed as Endotelon in France - available in pharmacies) or pycnogenol is supposed to be good for veins/capillaries, etc, I think - best to check with your onc before taking them, I suppose.

Good luck!

S

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi pineapple ... I find that nurses ability to take blood varies hugely. The nurse at my GP is brilliant, no problem anytime, always succeeds first attempt with my "good" arm - despite hard veins from chemo. The nurses at the private hospital I visit from time to time are not so good, always fail at least once, and blame the hard veins. I have stopped worrying about having boods taken from my "bad" arm - since its been done several times, and never caused an issue. They even used by bad arm for chemo. I was told not to worry about hard-veins, some aspects of the human body have more redundancy built in than others - and this is especially true of veins.

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh god no, i couldnt have her stabbing me in my feet. Horror!
I dont understand it, she managed my good arm last time but there was no hint of anything this time. She put needle in and moved it around abit but nothing.
Anyone know what supplements etc that are good for improving structure of veins etc ?

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Pineapple

Just a thought for next time. How about askng your nurse to take blood from a vein in your foot instead of your 'bad' arm? (I have two 'bad' arms and never let anyone touch them).

Soaking your feet in warm water helps to bring the veins up and she can always try using a smaller cannula, too.

X

S

Guest user
Not applicable

Well, the nurse has just left. She said there was just nothing there! so she had to take blood out of 'bad' arm. She got a vein straight away. Any how its done now and should get results in the post tomorrow. I feel sick when i open them.I just want ot go to bed tonight and wake up next week when its all finished.

carolihne

Hi Pineapple,
I really feel for you what a week! I totally understand about the nerves - every time i see my onc i get nervous tummy and have to keep rushing to the loo - makes it doubly hard to concentrate on anything he is saying! Just think how good you will feel (and hopefully relieved) when this week is over.
best wishes
caroline

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Pineappple

Know how you feel - been scanned, etc to death in recent months. (All stopped when the chemo started a couple of months ago!). My most disconcerting experience was the doctor cheerfully pointing out my troublesome lymph nodes to me as he looked at them by ultrasound.

At least you don't have to wait long here....sometimes only minutes, thank goodness.

Good luck with finding your mammo results - sometimes the envelopes are so big it's difficult to know where to put them, isn't it?

I'm luckier than you - my nurse turns up around 7.45 am for blood!

Thinking of you - won't tell you not to worry, impossible not to - hope all goes well.

X

S

Guest user
Not applicable

I dread this week

I am getting myself all worked up as i have aload of tests this week.
Firstly its my 6 monthly check, but because this check up is with my sexy surgeon i have to have a mamo first.HATE; HATE HATE this week.
Starting Tues with the dreaded blood test, nurse comes to my house around 7 in the morning. Hope to go she can find a vein.
Then Thursday i have mamo, then have to wait int he other room semi naked and cold for the results and then he does a scan on the breasts, nodes and then liver and pancreas. You know what its like when they start pressing buttons as they measure things and i stare at his face for clues.By this time i am shivering and shaking. I have to wait then for a letter.
The worst is ove by this time as i know if there is a problem or not.
Then on Friday i get my make up on and my wig! and see the dishy surgeon. Because he tells me to strip off in his little room i cant let him see me bald so i have to get clothes off and wig quickly back on before he walks in the room. I panic getting wig on properly as i hear him walking over to me and last time i had the fringe at the side above my ear 😞 he just smiled and after a feel said my breast was very beautiful (imagine said in English but with French accent) .
I will let you know my results, also dread opening the blood results the next day as the last 2 or 3 times my market goes uy by one and the last one was 10.
Also i have to take last years mamo reults in and the office is such a mess i cant find them, Argggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg