Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I entered a modelling competition with only one breast

13 REPLIES 13
GMT
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: I entered a modelling competition with only one breast

Well done! All the very best for the final, you deserve every success.
G x

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you ladies 🙂 the final is in a couple of weeks time. I am going to get my dress altered tomorrow as I've not worn anything like it since the mastectomy. It's really helped my confidence doing the competition and to get through, I feel like I've been accepted as I am, without reconstruction. I will let you know how it all goes 🙂 xx
BerthaB

wow, that's brilliant... !!!
Congrads on the final.

SUZYB

Well done you!!!
xxxxxx

Scaredy_Cat

Hi Hibiscuslady,

Really well done for getting through to the final. Good on yer girl Your story is so warming and inspiring. I hope you do well in the final. Please let us know how you get on.

All best, with hugs and kisses,

Helen xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Well ladies good news I got through to the final!! Very pleased! I am so glad I am not letting the mx stop me from doing this. All the other girls in the competition have been really supportive and lovely and I hope they are a bit more 'breast aware' now too.
xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Well ladies good news I got through to the final!! Very pleased! I am so glad I am not letting the mx stop me from doing this. All the other girls in the competition have been really supportive and lovely and I hope they are a bit more 'breast aware' now too.
xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

thank you for you kind comments. I too get the gaping if I lean over! But I'm a bit stubborn and refuse to wear high cut tops. I sometime use those panels that some bras have but sometimes think that draws more attention. On the day of the shoot for the competition, a lot of the other girls were really unhappy about their body parts, even though to me I thought they had perfect bodies!! Now I'm not glad they had hang ups but it did teach me that even the most beautiful women have hang ups still, mastectomy or not, so I'm trying to just love my body for getting me through chemo, which is surely a much bigger achievement than it just having two normal breasts sitting there. Hope that makes sense, I am rather sleepy today! I would love to show you the pics but not sure if its allowed! They are on facebook, not sure what search terms to use to find them.... I will have a look.... Take care ladies xx ps my account says I have messages but I can't read them for some reason, please do not think I'm being rude I'm just not used to the new format at all!!!
Guest user
Not applicable

Hibiscuslady
We are proud of you. I hope to hear more event from your modeling.. We are 100% supporting you.
Theboyz5

Hi Hibiscuslady

Well done,you've done well and l really admire your courage,and l think that none of us should feel bad about our look.Although is hard and painful when you look at the mirror,l had mastectomy 3yrs ago,and reconstruction about a year and six months ago.But as usual,my silicone got infected since then am still managing my wound to get heal.Is good to hear inspiring stories that will keep us hoping for the best,and be positive.

Theboyz5XXX
scottishlass

Well Done Hibiscuslady. I do admire you and think what you have done is great. I had a mastectomy with reconstrucion and implant 23 years ago and once I am wearing my bra I feel quite okay about my body. My husband has been hugely supportive and without his love and support I wouldn't be where I am now. I am a retired lady now and have always been too shy to be in a fashion show of any kind so for you to do this in your underwear is just fantastic. Well done you. And all the best for the next part of the competition. I would love to see a photo of you but realise that it is not possible really. All the best for the future too. Love Val

maude

Well done Hibiscuslady. I don't know whether I would be confident enough to do what you did (but I probably wouldn't have been confident enough to do it before my mastectomy!). Lovely story.
Joules, I have the leaning forward and gaping problem but I have found that using some body tape to secure my top stops it falling forward and displaying everything, which makes me more confident. I use Eylure tape which I buy from Amazon but you can also buy it from Boots and Superdrug.
Maude xx

Guest user
Not applicable

hi Hibiscuslady - so inspiring! and well done for getting through the first two rounds.
I am so conscious of what i am now wearing; button my shirts up to my neck etc!! as my chest is also slightly dipped in. plus i am aware of leaning forward you can see down my bra! awful sight!
Well done and keep us uptodate xx
Guest user
Not applicable

I entered a modelling competition with only one breast

Hello folks
I am hoping to offer some comfort to other women who are worried about their appearance after mastectomy or any other breast cancer treatment which affects appearance.
Last month I entered a calendar girl modelling competition (in underwear), the week I finished chemo and went along to a test shoot about 4 weeks later. I got through the first two rounds and no-one knew a thing about me havind had breast cancer treatment unless I told them!!
I was wearing a prosthesis and a wig as I lost all my hair to chemo. I felt quite 'blurgh' compared to the other girls there as I struggled to find any sexy underwear that had pockets that I could afford having been living off good old SSP. I've also gained a stone since my treatment started, and although I'm still quite small as I used to run long distances so am petite, but I feel really out of shape at the mo and have lost all my muscle tone.
Anyway the thing is, I am normally quite a modest lass and used to be really self conscious about my body, but since going through breast cancer treatment I have actually become a lot more confident in myself and my body and less worried about what people think of me. I know lots of ladies feel the complete opposite though so I thought I could make use of my new found confidence.
So... I guess I am feeling a bit chuffed about getting through without anyone knowing my situation initially and being able to blend in with other young women who have not had a mastectomy or lost their hair. Regardless of what happens in the competition now I have already achieved what I set out to do.
I'd really like other women to know about this too - I'm hoping it will give them a little more confidence in their bodies after breast cancer treatment. It was scary going to the photo shoot but I soon realised when I was there that all those beautiful girls there also had hang ups about their bodies too. The photos from the shoot came out ok as well, and unless everyone is just humouring me, my chest really isn't the most obvious thing (mine is quite dipped in and flat 😞
Also just wondering what other women who've had mastectomies think about this?
If you are interested in hearing more please PM me
I really hope other women will get a little lift out of this post