I had a mini LD reconstruction, not feeling comfortable

Hello
I am wondering if any one else has had a mini LD reconstruction and how they feel about it. I had 1/4 of my left breast removed in October with this reconstruction. I guess that is not even 6 months ago so it may still be early days. The issue is that it still feels quite bulgy under my left arm and it is getting me down. I notice it, how it feels, all the time so it is difficult to forget I have had surgery. The scar is really quite long from my armpit down the breast and curls under it.
I went to a younger women’s forum where a plastic surgeon basically said this was not a good op and mentioned the bulgyness, loss of strength, twitching and it wanting to go backwards. I have not had issues with the last three.
I have been very lucky to be able to keep my nipple and from where I am looking (from above) it looks good. I am now hoping they will be able to tweak it and some how shave a bit off the side so that I am not aware of the bulge all the time. Has any one had experience of this? Many thanks for you time xx
I

Hi Kirstykat,

I’m sorry you haven’t had any replies to your question as yet, but hopefully someone will now see it and reply to you.  You are most welcome to have a chat with our helpline staff if you wish, calls are free 0808 800 6000 open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator