Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had a mini LD reconstruction, not feeling comfortable

1 REPLY 1
Jo_BCC

Re: I had a mini LD reconstruction, not feeling comfortable

Hi Kirstykat,

I'm sorry you haven't had any replies to your question as yet, but hopefully someone will now see it and reply to you.  You are most welcome to have a chat with our helpline staff if you wish, calls are free 0808 800 6000 open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Kirstykat

I had a mini LD reconstruction, not feeling comfortable

Hello
I am wondering if any one else has had a mini LD reconstruction and how they feel about it. I had 1/4 of my left breast removed in October with this reconstruction. I guess that is not even 6 months ago so it may still be early days. The issue is that it still feels quite bulgy under my left arm and it is getting me down. I notice it, how it feels, all the time so it is difficult to forget I have had surgery. The scar is really quite long from my armpit down the breast and curls under it.
I went to a younger women's forum where a plastic surgeon basically said this was not a good op and mentioned the bulgyness, loss of strength, twitching and it wanting to go backwards. I have not had issues with the last three.
I have been very lucky to be able to keep my nipple and from where I am looking (from above) it looks good. I am now hoping they will be able to tweak it and some how shave a bit off the side so that I am not aware of the bulge all the time. Has any one had experience of this? Many thanks for you time xx
I