Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have breast cancer

5 REPLIES 5
Rosemaryanne

Re: I have breast cancer

Hi

I know EXACTLY what you mean about the sense of unreality. Three months down the line since diagnosis, post-surgery, and still don't believe that i have/had breast cancer. Everyone is expecting me to break down and can't understand why I'm sailing through this as if nothing's going on. I'm not being "brave", just don't accept that it's really happening to me. A coping mechanism, I suppose.

I hope all goes as easily as possible for you. Maybe in a while we will be supporting each other through our "breakdowns"!

Love, Rose xx

dilshad

Hi Su, “my “Port is called Power Port. That is all I know.
Had the dressings changed yesterday and having my pre chemo chat on Thursday, tomorrow.
My daughter is flying from the US to be with me together with my husband, who by the way is trying very hard to be supportive. Not always the way I would like to....
The strangest thing is that I feel that this all situation is happening to someone else, not me! it is like watching a movie...
yes once in a while I realize that I will have to go through chemotherapy with all the inconveniences that comes with it, but most of the time this is not happening to me... Do I make sense? Even my oncologist and the beautiful team of nurses are sometime surprised by my attitude, how positive I am, etc. What they don’t know is that I feel as I said, that this is happening to “someone” else, not me! Even though I am getting ready – bought few nice turbans, Had my eyebrows reshaped, my nails colored dark, having my hair cut short, short, etc., etc.,... All that feel “amusing”, fun!
Thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my note and good luck with your treatment. I shall be thinking of you and sending you positive vibes. xxx
MrMunch1

Hi Dilshad,

I am so sorry your find your self here, I was diagnosed in September 2014, my chemo starts on Friday.

Four surgeries, that sounds like tough going in such a short amount of time - I feel for you.

What port did you have fitted?  I am having a Groshong Line fitted on Thursday this week.

We have a special thread for us ladies starting in January, please find it by clickign the link below:

http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/January-Gemstones-2015-January-...

Please don't feel along and join the January Gemstones 2015 thread, look forward to seeing you there.

Big hugs.

Su

XX

dilshad

Thank you June for your prompt reply. I will start with reading other ladies “experiences” and how they are handling their fears, concerns and hopefully will find some answers...
June_BCC

Hello Dilshad

Welcome to the forums, you've come to the right place for support as the users of this site have a wealth of experience and knowledge between them.

If you would like to talk to someone in confidence you may like to phone our helpline  where you can talk to a member of staff who are there to support you. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

dilshad

I have breast cancer

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hi, I have been diagnose with breast cancer in Oct 2014. Have had 4 surgeries, the port is in place (was done on Friday 09 January) and will start chemotherapy on Friday 16 January. Feeling a little anguish and love to know what to expect from someone in the same situation as I am. Thank you. Dilshad