I have just found a lump

Hi, I have been reading everyones comments and just registered. I am 32 years old and have just found a lump on my left breast. My mum had BC a number of years ago and I am glad to say she is fine, due to this I have been checking my breasts regularly. My lump is very small, pea sized and moves although it is hard. My chest is very lumpy but this seems different. my breasts have been sore over the past few weeks. I have made an appointment for next Thursday at the doctors. I have never had anything similar to this lump which has made me more worried.

Sorry you have felt the need to come join us here. You are doing the right thing by getting your lump checked out. I hope that you are one of the 9 out of 10 who’s lump is not cancer, but it does need to be checked.

I was at the GP 2 days after finding my lump and at the hospital 3 days later (private insurance rather than major concern meant a speedy referral) mine was indeed cancer, but early stage and as such the surgery and treatment was a lot easier than had I left it.

good luck and let us know how you gt on.

Hi Garden

Sorry to hear about yuur find. O f course you are worried, and I echo the setiments of Lilacblushes. For you own peace of mind why not get down the Doctors tomorrow. Rant and rave and make a fuss if you have to. For you at this stage it’s not only important mentally but physically to get this sorted early. Tell the receptionist you need an urgent appointment, I am sure if you tell her why she will fit you in.

All the best and keep in touch.

Normski x

Thank you both very much for your kind and helpful comments. I think I will call the doctors tomorrow to see if there is anything sooner. I am very aware there are ladies on this site who have BC and feel humbled that they take the time to help and give advice to people like me who dont even know there is anything wrong yet.

Thank you both very much again and I will let you know how I get on.

Take Care

xx

hey - garden it may be a slippery mouse thing - there are so many benign conditions!!! my young niece had one…it moves under your fingers?

try to stay chilled - yes this site is full of people with breast cancers - i am one - but…oh doh - it is a site about cancer.

keep us posted and my best wishes to you

Jennifer xx

I was going to say the same as Jennifer above…my goddaughter had one just last year…hers appeared from nowhere.

wishing you all the best

Hi girls,

Never managed to get an appointment sooner than Thursday. Will just have to wait until then.

Thanks for all the support, will let you know what happens

Diane/ x

Hi There,

If its any consolation, it sound an awful lot like Fibroadenoma, a benign condition that can return. I’ve had a total of 3 removed and got another one just returned in my left breast 12 months after having one removed, or at least I think its Fibroadenoma again, haven’t been checked yet and dont know if to bother!

I have everything crossed for your for tomorrow, I really hope its not bad news for you.

Heidi xx

Hi Garden
How did you get on today?
Angela