I'll health retirement

Hi has any nurses had NHS ill health retirement for stage 3 grade 3 breast cancer
…any advice greatly appreciated…struggling with memoryx and fatigue.

Hi Bron, 

If you would like to talk you may want to call our helpline at 0808 800 6000. They will be able to help talk through any questions you might have and offer a friendly ear.

I am also sure some of our users will also be along shortly to share their experiences and show their support.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Feeling fed up. Finished chemo and radio post breast cancer. Currently on tamoxifen for 10 years. Due to fatigue, joint pain, along with post treatment brain applied for ill health retirement. Found out today ill health retirement declined as report from my consultant said that as far as he knows I didn’t have any significant side effects that would make me unable to continue working. So upset. Each time I visited him I hated to moan on about side effects so just said feeling fine a bit achy and fatigued but I guessed that was to be expected. I just was so grateful for having the treatment I really didn’t want to bother him with what would be to him just side effects. I did mention the effects to my bc nurse but she wasn’t asked to give any information to pension people. Really couldn’t work and not sure when Or if I will be well enough to work again. Have the option to appeal but so tired of this am not sure what to do anymore. Just want a good cry.

Hi so sorry to hear Sue that you were declined I’ll health retirement…maybe when you regain your strength you should appeal. Do you have the support of your gp?
Early reirement not a decision one does likely…been through enough already…without the added stress of having us fight again for your pension.
Sending you positive thoughts