73.4K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I m 33 yr....diagnosed with triple Negative grade 3.....

15 REPLIES 15
Shelley1

Re: I m 33 yr....diagnosed with triple Negative grade 3.....

Hi I have just been diagnosed and waiting for surgery so don't know any more other than I have a grade 3 ductal BC however I do know that you shouldn't get too hung up on the tripple neg aspect of your BC. As a nurse I see women with BC all the time and with all different types and they all seem to do really well. the main reason for this is chemo. When I started nursing 30 years ago women knew nothing about their BC. They just did what the consultant told them. The fantastic survival rates in the last few years include every type of BC and many of the women that do not survive may have been elderly with other diseases. Hope this helps. Xxxx
MissMaize

Thank you for your lovely reply
Will keep going You are very right
Thank you xx
Downbutnotout

X

MissMaize

Hi..
Am new on forum Was having a meltdown, brain fried, emotional & tired. At hosp today BCN told me about Forum. Feel like it's saved my day & such a relief to find ladies in same situation. I'm triple negative grade 2, had WLE & Sentinal node & waiting results. I know it'll be chemo & radiotherapy. I don't know what to expect. I've used all my willpower to stay clear of google. Found out lots more by reading posts today.
It's just a waiting game, I cannot wait for a plan to be in place.
Hope you are doing ok with chemo
Big gentle hug for you x
Downbutnotout

X

Janesi

Hi, I was diagnosed with TNBC, stage 3, with 11 of 25 lymph nodes removed affected. I had a mastectomy, chemo (5x FEC AND 1 x Taxotere (very bad reaction and a week in hospital) and 25 x rads. I finished treatment on 31/12/11. I have been in a very dark place until about a year ago. I had Ben constantly told that I was at high risk of a recurrence within 1-2 yrs, and knowing that really depressed me. Once I got to the 2 years I felt a weight lift off my shoulders. Now I have just reached 3 yrs and although not a day passes without me sparing a moment or longer to think about TNBC, I am most certainly in a much better place mentally.
I hope that in time you may feel likewise and I wish you all the best.

runner29

Hi rakhi, I'm 29 n recently dx with triple negative. I have been terrified since diagnosed, wasn't eating, sleeping or able to concentrate but since I found out I'll be having chemo in a few weeks I've started to feel a bit better. I did begin by looking up everything online but have decided that being young and fit and healthy I could have a different outcome to people who the stats could have been based on who may have been older etc and so could you! Try to think positively, you've begun to kick it's butt by having surgery and you will continue fighting it with chemo. Stay strong. Hugs xxx
mollyanna

Thank you.
June_BCC

Hello Mollyanna

Welcome to the forums, I’m so pleased that you are finding them helpful.

We also have a helpline where you can talk to someone in confidence, the free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

mollyanna

Hi I am new here, just would like to say posts have given me hope. I was diagnosed triple negative almost two years ago at the age of 65. I had a lumpectomy, clear margins, sentinel node biopsy clear, then 12 chemos and 25 rads. Can honestly say only just now feeling almost back to normal. Treatments all finished a year ago. Just want to get to five years.

Carabel

Hi Raki

I was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer in January 2012.  I have had surgery, chemo and radiotherapy and am currently NED (no evidence of disease).  Don't get too hung up on the the 'triple negative' aspect.  This only means that your cancer doesn't have receptors for oestrogen, progestorone or Her2 and therfore would not benefit from Tamoxifen or Herceptin.  I've been told that triple negative cancer responds very well to chemotherapy.  I've also been told that, whereas hormone receptive cancers can recur many years after treatment, if triple negative has not recurred after five years it is unlikely that it will recur and you may even be considered cured after eight years.

My mum was also diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer just over five years ago now and she is also still clear and doing well.

Lots of luck with your treatment.

Carabel

Sue123

Hi Rakhi, I too have triple neg grade 3. It is scary initally and your oncologist will give you stats if you ask foe them. That said they are just that statistics. Most people with triple neg will survive, but we don't have the option of tamoxifen or other targeted therapies that the hormone dependent people have so thats why chemo is our main weopon.

I am in the midst of my chemo, and though it is tough it really is do-able. 

Do make use of your breast care nurse. Mine is great and a fount of knowledge and is very reassuring

Take care love Sue x

Kalo

Hi rakhi,
I too have been told I am Triple Negative too, but I am 57.
I am worried as I have been told I won't benefit from chemo but will be getting radiotherapy in a few months.
Please try not to worry too much (hard to I know), you will get some support from the lovely ladies on this forum.
Take Care
Carole x
Janet_BCC

Hi rakhi

Welcome to the forum where I'm sure you will find lots of support from fellow members.

As Flori35 mentioned, do also give our helpline a call for information and support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Take care

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Downbutnotout

x

rakhi

I m 33 yr....diagnosed with triple Negative grade 3.....

hi all.....I m 33 yr....nd diagnosed with triple Negative grade 3.....done with surgery ....chemotheraphy starts in 2 weeks time......please let me know what are the survival rates......got 20 month old baby.....really worried .........