I'm a newbie

Hi I would like to chat to other ladies who are going through what I am as i feel very alone, I was diagnosed in July & had a mastectomy 5 weeks ago & started chemo last Friday

Dear Christymay

Welcome to the BCC Forum.  I’m sure you will find a lot of support here from other members.  You might find it helpful to look at the thread started by members having chemo in the same month as you.

You could also call our helpline for information and support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000.

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi ChristieMay welcome to the forums - you have arrived just as the gleaming new-look forum is launched and there is a slight risk you’ll get missed as the old-timers lament the passing of their favourite quirks of the last one.

So sorry to hear of your diagnosis, it is so hard at the start but once you get going with your chemo it does become copable.  If you have not already found it, there is a thread for ladies who began chemo in August here: forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/anyone-starting-chemo-in-August/m-p/745501#U745501

I am sure the girls will make you welcome and give you loads of support as you journey together.

Three years ago today I was diagnosed with breast cancer - and now I am basically fit, well, happy and living life to the full… the treatment will go more quickly than you can believe just now, and soon will be an increasingly vague memory.

Hi I had my mastectomy on 2nd July and had first chemo just under 2 weeks ago. Think we r at similar stages in our treatments. I’m struggling wit the thought of losing my hair as its beginning to fall out. I’m not very technical on computers so hope I don’t lose this message. Lets show cancer we can fight this together xxx

Hiya, how are you doing today? Im feeling more alive today, as in like a human! still very tired but hey I can cope with that! really not looking forward to the nxt chemo 2 weeks tomorrow, I shaved my hair yest as couldn’t deal with finding it on my pillow & to be honest it wasn’t as bad as I thought so please don’t dread it too much xxx