I'm going to be a granny

Haven’t posted on here for a little while, but can’t resist telling everyone I’m going to be a granny.
My daughter is a bit of a career girl, and has asked if I will look after the baby for three days per week when it’s born. Needless to say, I’m now worried in case things change on the big C front. Will be seeing my brilliant Oncologist next Monday, and will be having six monthly scans, so have to keep my fingers crossed that there is no progression.

What lovely news a little baby try not to worry and enjoy the news I know it’s not that easy but be positive look forward to be a nan xx

Congratulations Lemongrove, that’s lovely news!
It’s nice to hear from you again as I have been wondering how you are doing.
Kate x

Congratulations Lemongrove.I am granny to 9 and have done a day and a half child care for the last two years[with the youngest two,my daughter’s] and did 2 days a week before that.It is fine for the first few months but very very tiring once they are moving.I wouldn’t give it up for anything though :slight_smile:
Enjoy
Stay Well
Valx

Hi Lemongrove

Delighted for you; best wishes to you. Have you started knitting yet?

Regards
Lynne

congratulations lemon grove granny club is a great place to be i have one little grandaughter Rose she lights up my life.wonderful news enjoy xx

Hi Lemongrove, Congratulations !!
I had the same news , my daughter has had IVF treatment and was successful on the 2nd attempt, It will be our first grandchild so we are very happy as I am sure you are too.It gives me something to look forward to, just hope like you I have no progression cos I think I am being lined up for childminding too.
Their baby is due April , when is your daughter due ?
Jean

how brilliant lemongrove fantastic news congrats xxx

Congrats to you and your family!

Sarah x

Oh wow LG, that’s soooo exciting… I’m sure you’ll have a very special relationship with mum-to-be and grandbaby, whatever your own situation (hope it remains good enough for you to do what you hope to).
MrsBlue, now a grandma x 4 :slight_smile:

Lovely news, many congratulations xx

Congrats lemongrove - we also had the joy of becoming grandparents last year. I would say think very carefully before commiting to 3 days a week. To be honest (and I have been with my daughter) I could not do one day even!

Dawn
xx

congratulation Lemongrove

I became an granny whilst on chemo, it was a brilliant distraction from everything. She is a very special 8 month old and reminded me that there is life outside of the cancer bubble.

Being a granny is even better than being a mum, its all the fun and less of the responsibility bits.

Hi Lemongrove

I too had been wondering where you were. Congratulations to you and your family.

Welcome to the Granny Club -everybody says it is wonderful to be a “Granny” but when you are, you realise just how truly wonderful it is.

My experinced Granny friends warned me not to try and take on too much and now I know why. I have told my daughter I’m happy to have my grand-daughter one day a week and some overnight stays lasting 24 to 36 hours. BUT I said I would not commit to more on a regular basis until I felt I could cope with it. As Horace says once they are on the move it can be exhausting. Be honest with your daughter I’m sure you’ll work it out.
D x

hi lemongrove… congratulations… how lovely a new baby … oh im soooooooo thrilled for you all xx angie

Hi

I became a granny for the 1st time 1 week after being diagnosed with Breast Cancer. It was great really gave me something to focus on while going through Chemo.

Good Luck

Take Care

Carolyn x

Congratulations Lemongrove thats brilliant news for you and your family .Good luck with your scans too xx

What lovely news Lemongrove! How exciting for you all. Nice to hear from you again, especially with such nice news!

Take care,
Dugsy x

Congratulations!!
So pleased you have some good news to post and nice to hear from you again.We were getting a bit worried about you.Good luck with the scans and update us on everything.

Linda xx

Such lovely news.
Congratulations to you and your family but beware of expecting too much of yourself…
Maybe start with one day before taking on three!
A friend of mine has just taken up grandparent duties (with her husband) but even so she says after one day of 7am-7pm they have to have two empty days to recover…
They’re both healthy but baby doesn’t believe in sleeping!

Great to hear your news.
Hope scans prove a positive support and you keep in good spirits.