I'm happily in the Land of NED

Next week will be the first aniversary of my mx and recon and today I had my first one year check-up.

It was a busy morning - I saw the BS and got examined, had a mammo, then a US (my original cancer was lobular and I have cysts and calcifications in my remaining boob)and results all this morning and I’m happily in the land of NED.

I’ll have a check up withh my plastic surgeon to talk nipples in the summer, but that’s me done with BC for a year.

I will keep in touch with the forums - if only to offer occasional support to ‘newbies’ - they have helped me so much over the past months.

Good luck and hugs to all.
Dx

Hurrah! Congratulations. I’m running about 4 weeks behind you on this one, so it’s really encouraging to know all is well for you.

Go celebrate!

Thats great news .Really pleased you got all done in one day we have to wait a fortnight for results (so I’ve been told) so its great to get them straightaway it must be a really worrying time.Hows your hair doing ?iI followed the thread about hair ,it was great.
Best of luck with your appointment in summer but as you say you will keep coming on here so I’m sure you will let us know.
I am just finished all treatment and starting back at work soon so about half a year behind you.
Revcat good luck with yours too .xx

Hi Lisha

Thanks for the good wishes.

Can’t compete with RevCat’s new look, but the bonce is coming on nicely - I have a chemo wave, rather than chemo curls, it’s been successfully dyed again - and will be due a top up in a couple of weeks - I’m still using a semi-permanent. Lengthwise - I’ve lost the ‘Action Man’ look and it looks almost like a hair style.

I’ll try and update my photo soon!
Dx

=) I like this post a lot. Really happy for your news. X

DJ, isn’t it a wonderful feeling!

I still panic if I get an ache or a pain and think of cancer with every hot flush, but I believe (with crossed fingers, admittedly) that that will all calm down a bit and I’ll be a bit more relaxed about aches and pains.