I'm new here

Hello,

Sorry I have no idea if I am posting in the right direction.

My girlfriends and I made a pact at New Year to have a mammogram done.  My last one was 4 years ago and all ok.  I am now 47.  I thank goodness we did!

On 8th Jan I went and thought no more about it.  On 16th January I had a call to say a little spots of probably cysts and I should go for a recall. I wasn’t worried.  I went on 20th and microcalcifications showing and wanted me to have a biopsy.  I got the results last Friday.  Shockingly results show early stages of cancer.

Now I only just joined Bupa scheme on 15th January and they have written to my docs re history/problems etc…  my question is am I likely to be disqualified eventhough I didn’t know it was there???

In such a worry now waiting for Bupa to confirm to me.  I know that should be the least of my worries… hoping to meet new people here who will answer my questions and give support.  I haven’t even been able to break the news to my little kiddies as the eldest is sitting her GCSE mocks this week and I don’t want to give her any more stress.

xxxxx

Hello Sienna

Welcome to the forums.  I’m sorry to hear of your diagnosis, the first few weeks are always difficult when coming to terms with your diagnosis and treatment.
As well as the support you will receive on the forums you might find it helpful to order the BCC resources pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a copy just follow the link bellow:-

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early-breast-cancer-bcc145

You may also like to talk things through with one of the helpline staff, they are there to offer emotional support as well as provide information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 10-2 Saturday.

Best wishes

June, moderator