I'm not strong enough to do this!

Five days into my first chemo and I’m suffering so bad. I feel so weak and know I should be stringer for my family. The thought of another 4 months of this is scaring my so much.

I just want it all to stop, has anyone else felt this disparate!!!

Sorry to be so depressing :frowning:

Hi Lucramsey

I am sorry to read that you are struggling, I am sure your fellow users will understand this and be along soon with support for you, please also feel free to call our helpliners for some extra support on 0808 800 6000, lines open during the week 9-5 and Sat 10-2

Take care

Lucy BCC

Hi Lucramsey,

I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling so rough, chemo really can have it’s “dig deep” moments. That said, you don’t need to suffer unnecessarily and there are lots of things they can prescribe to help get you through.

Is it sickness you are suffering from? If so there are much stronger anti sickness tablets you can ask for - I think Emend is the name you need to ask for.

You really are stronger than you believe - as time goes on you will get into a routine and find you know when things will get better. I found keeping a daily diary really helped - when I was feeling rough I would look back through my diary at the previous cycle and take encouragement that this would soon pass. You WILL feel better soon.

Take care, I hope things get a bit easier for you.

K xx

Hi,lucramsey,sending you a huge hug xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Lucramsey,

Yes, I’m afraid I do.  I really didn’t want to carry on with chemo the first time around as I just kept sleeping and when I was awake I felt awful.  I couldn’t faced seeing anyone for the first week,  But it did get better and after about 10 days I started feeling human again. 

as the other ladies have said there’s lots to things to help with the side effects and phone your chemo ward or GP if you need anything.  You can also use the help line here if you need to talk to someone, I had a macmillan nurse who I could phone as well.

I do hope things improve for you.

Take care

Love

Chris xx

sad to hear our struggling, i have had a bad summer, ending up in hospital for 7 days and just wanted to end all the sufferring, I did not want to or think i could come through it BUT 6 weeks on i am just about starting to enjoy a low level quality of living. my GP helped me sort out the sickness using low dose steriods, this also gave me engery. before going into hosipital ( i had 2.5 fluid drained from my lung) i felt neglected by proffessionals, i kept saying i was not right, as i had not been sight for months, everyone even my kids just accpeted that was the way it was. going into hospital made other staff look at me and take action. now i have support from district nurse and reqular contact with the McMillan nurse, this is important as they need to see you when your reasonably well. the other thing i was able to say was that i was so ill i could not take responsibilty for my well being and i needed proffessionals to step in ( at that time they didn’t). i came off chemo but it turned out not to be working anyway. what i am trying to say is don’t just put up with it as there are other things that can make a difference. take each minute and build the minutes to give you strengh to carry on. i am glad i did not give up. big hug to you. 

Thanks guys
Picking up a bit today. No so much pain just so exhasted.

I think it’s this bubble that I hate and being away from my family :frowning: I’m here but I’m not really here you know x