I'm really worried

Hello,

Firstly I want to tip my hat off to anyone suffering ATM. 

I have had a stupid irritating cough for last 8 maybe 10 weeks. Went to GP sent for XRAY,  results were their was something on the left sideIin my lung. They arent overly concerned stating its a mild form of pneumonia. Last weekend noticed my left fella Brian (thats my nipples name) was hibernating and wouldn’t awake. Whilst tinkering I noticed under my nipple their is a hard painless lump, hump bump whatever you call it.  Obviously I got an appointment Monday to see Doctor his words were this is a game changer.  

Now I think the internet is brill however it can be the devil incarnate too. So to summarise I have an appointment Tuesday at ye old Breast clinic, please see the bullet points (no pun intended) and be honest.

Male Mid 40s

Grandma had Breast Cancer

hard lump under the nipple and areola

Moobs

nipple hibernating (inverted)

Swelling in nearby armpit (plenty of well known deodorant used)

Shoulder pain and under my shoulder blade.

increased tiredness.

should I be worried or not…

Hi Trinity23 and welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support you will find here I am posting the details of our helpline so please feel free to call to talk your concerns over, we also have information aimed at men concerned about breast cancer and there is a forum where you can ‘talk’ to others who have been through similar experiences:

Helpline 0808 800 6000 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Sat

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/about-breast-cancer/men-breast-cancer

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Men/bd-p/4450

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi trinity23 welcome.

you have done the right thing getting yourself checked out.

I wish I could tell you not to worry but that would be inpossible, yes most lumps are not cancer, most have another cause, but once you start the worry just won’t stop until you get your answers.

if you feel the need to ask doctor google stick to this site or others like macmillan or cancer research. You will freak yourself out if you keep looking.

Good luck with your appointment on tuesday.

take care

Keeks