Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm worried about my friend

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: I'm worried about my friend

Hi maltomlin1

Whilst you are waiting for the other users to reply with experiences and knowledge you might find it helfpul to talk things through with a memberof staff on the helpline.  Here you can share your worries about your friend with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCCFacilitator

Highlighted

I'm worried about my friend

She was dx over 11 years ago with a low grade, er/pr+ her2- cancer..........had a mastectomy and 5 years of tamoxifen.........she's just been dx with bone secondaries, after 18 months of treatment for arthritis......

Her hip & spine are so bad that she was referred to one one of three surgeons in the UK who could possibly help........

She saw one today........no possibility of surgery.......there's no bone left............the only chance (they've told her) is for chemo to shrink the cancer, for the bone to re-generate, and then for surgery............

What do you think?  I'm more than a little worried.............she's a 'head in the sand' person and is pleased that they're not doing any surgery before Xmas! (I wish I was more like that).

I'm really woried about her.........moreso than her............