I think it has returned...

Hi all, I was diagnosed Nov '07 and recently felt like I have really got my life back on track, in some ways it has felt better than before as I appreciate life more, my quality of life is better as I have cut back on work, and feel less stressed. I had a mast, six FEC and rads, I had cancer in one lymph node out of 13 taken, but also cancer in an intermammory node that they managed to remove in a second op, my cancer was grade 2. I’m on tamoxifen. But…I haven’t felt well this week…for the last few weeks I’ve had strange sensations around where my breast was, a sore, burning feeling, and I feel a slight swelling above my collar bone, no lump as such but it just doesn’t feel right. I feel tired and out of sorts. My instincts tell me something is wrong but I am terrified. If the cancer is back I won’t be able to deal with it second time around. I couldn’t face the thought of chemo/ hospitals/ scans again. I know I will have to contact my bcn on Monday but I just wanted to vent my feelings…this website was a wonderful support for me two years ago and through my treatment, and I need someone to confide in ,as I haven’t told anyone.

Hi Quarteter

I really hope for you that it is nothing that you are feeling except anything other than something cancer related. You won’t be able to relax until you know. I hope you get your appointment with BCN and tha they are able to tell you good news.

All the best. LooLoox x

Hi quarteter

Sorry to hear you are worried.

Could it be ‘just’ an infection?

X

S

Hi Quarteter

It sounds like you’re having a pretty difficult time at the moment. If you would like to talk this through with someone, please give the BCC helpline a call. Here you can share your fears and concerns with one of our trained memebers of staff who will offer you a ‘listening ear’ as well as support and information if required.

The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 2pm Saturday.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards
Sam (BCC Facilitator)

Hi Quarteter

It’s horrible going through the fears of whether or not you have cancer again. I went through this earlier in the year when I had to go through biopsy, surgery etc etc again and fortunately am now okay. Like you, I was originally diagnosed in November 2007.

My very best wishes to you - I know how it feels. Hopefully this is an infection as Bahons2 has suggested. Fingers crossed for you and do keep us all informed.

Take care

Gill x

Hi

I think we shared a chemo thread at one time I too was dx Nov 07 and had 6 FEC. I had a pain in my ribs back in Feb that would not go away and in the end I had to know one way or another. I had a scan and fortunately it was ok but the deciding what to do and waiting for the scan and then the results a nightmare.

Sending you love and hugs

Karen

I’m another one diagnosed in Nov 07. The very best of luck, fingers crossed! I’ve had several scares …

Thanks to all…yes I am scared but will ring on Monday, I keep thinking, how can it return when you’ve had all that chemo/ rads? but two of my friends have secondaries so…yes Karen I remember you from those FEC days, glad you are doing ok. I will let you know what happens, in the meantime off to my holiday home for a night to take my mind off it x

i know you must be really frightened it is only natural, but at least you know how important these things are, if it turns out to be nasty at least you will have done something about it a s a p!.
i know the feelings that are going through your head at the moment but believe me you will get there just like the rest of us when we have problems, it is so nerveracking.
i feel as though it never ends i was 1st dx in 91 then nov 07 just like you and again july 09 so i know how you are feeling but i really hope you are ok. i know what you mean about fearing the dreaded chemo it makes me sick to the stomache, but needs must and the sooner you find out what is gong on the calmer you will be.
and as for intincts i think you are right to follow them but bear in mind they can be wrong, hopefully in your case they will be.
hear how you get on.
love reneexx

I put off doing anything until this Wednesday, having had a very bad Tuesday, knew something had to be done. The aches and pains have gone, but I feel iller, it gets worse as the day goes on. I feel pretty good in the mornings, but early afternoon start with a “fuzzy” head, slight nausea and dizziness. It’s then on and off for the rest of the day. It’s worse when I am sitting down, going out for a walk actually improves things. My gp thinks it may be hormonal, and I had a blood test today, the results will be back on Wednesday. As I write now I have a headache coming on, and I never get them! Yesterday was the same, a headache in the evening. I know I should have gone sooner, but was too scared.

Not been on this sight for some time but remembered how helpful annd supportive it is…
So Hi!
Please go and get it checked out…

I was diagnosed with invasive lobular in Sept 08 ( the anniversary is this friday)…I had a lumpectomy, 6 FEC,27 nodes removed- 2 diseased, radiotherapy and am now on Tamoxifen. However this week I felt something not right…went to my lovely GP… she confirmed a lump on the other “well” breast and I have an appointment with my consultant tomorrow. I am absolutely terrified and the tought of going through it all again is she horror!

Make that call today!
Bethy xx