72.1K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought I needed a false fringe, how wrong could I be?

11 REPLIES 11
MrMunch1

Re: I thought I needed a false fringe, how wrong could I be?

God, that gave me a welcome laugh.

I got mine from here:

http://www.heathershair.co.uk/Heathers_Hair/Styles.html

Mine is really good, was yours from somewhere else?

Su

XX

Bonkers1974

Glad I've just found this post I've just had my first chemo session and have been browsing the web as you do was going to invest in a fringe don't think I'll bother now xx
amd66

I loved those comments, BE strong,chocciemuffin. yes I will put it somewhere safe, (which with chemo fog i shall forget) and then have a laugh in months to come when i need a random present!! i wonder when things start happening to your other hairs, dare i say pubes,oops i did, is that the next laugh to come.!!!!
anne xx
Guest user
Not applicable

I bought one of those fringes at my headstrong session before my hair fell out, it was a riduculous thing and stayed in the wig box throughout. A couple of weeks ago I was asked to take two wrapped up presents, one nice and one joke present, to a hen party for a sort of pass the parcel involving dice. My fringe fitted the bill nicely, so AMD 66 you never know when a spare fringe might be useful!
ChoccieMuffin

Loving this thread! I found it's not actually the fringe that makes you look bald but the bit of hair just in front of your ears. Now if they did false lady side-burns...

Keep smiling, ladies, and thank you for a good laugh.

(Actually, I ended up with my own fringe, but it wasn't on my HEAD hair...)

Lilac51

I bought a reduced price wig off the internet, just to make a change from my regular wig. It looked absolutely ridiculous but I never got round to sending it back. I'm happy to say it made quite an impression on my son's friends last week though: he wore it along with make up and false ears and teeth and was a really scary werewolf at a Halloween party.

Guest user
Not applicable

Like 🙂
Patchit

What a lovely post! Glad you still have your sense of humour! I went commando through all of my treatment (it was summer) and people don’t really stare or take much notice. I thought, like you do, bugger it! I tried to do the scarf thing, but couldn’t. Be bald and be proud!
Wishing you all the best
Patchit xxx

nannabarb

Hahaha AMD,
I had recently considered getting a 'winge' as they called them on 'The Apprentice' last year, as gettting a bit fed up with my (lack of) hair.
So glad I didnt bother.
Just sitting watching Saturday Kitchen, and realise I bear a striking resemblence to RICK STEIN lol xx
Kittyqueen

Lovely post...made me smile too as before I actually lost my hair I ordered a bandana with a fringe attachment....looked ridiculous but you had to laugh xxx

VerityC

What an uplifting post!!! Thank you!!

amd66

I thought I needed a false fringe, how wrong could I be?

This is what comes of being organised and thinking, yes thats a great idea. I ordered a real hair fringe, made by a lovely charity at minimal cost. What a laugh, its like a toupee with nothing else, well because thats what it is. i figured it could go under hats but it looks completely daft and has made me laugh.
it teaches me wait til you deal with your hairloss, I dont actually care now, If i walk up the road and my head is hot, bugger it people will only look for a minute or two and then realise you are ill. so the hat or scarf comes off!!
I will happily donate it back to the charity, the dear lady that makes them is old school W.I. type, bless her and I couldnt send it back now, she wrote lovely letter to help me.
Its just our heads, people love the person inside xxx