Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've been on Letrozole for 9 months now

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: I've been on Letrozole for 9 months now

Hi,
I've been on letrozole for 12 months now. I had flushes for 2 or 3 months and now only have the occasional one. At first joint pains in hands were dreadful and I developed trigger finger in ring finger on right hand. But after about 10 months majority of aches and pains stopped. Had cortisone injection in finger and an aching shoulder joint and all has been well since. So another positive story for those of you about to embark.
Gaynor x

Highlighted

I have been on Letrozole since Dec 2012. Main side effects for me have been the hot flushes. Worse  than on Tamoxefin otherwise not bad at all.

I found  a small lump two weeks  ago. Had my annual mammogram  today and radiographer is sending me for ultra sound. It has been  nearly six years  since I had  BC  2007.  so fingers crossed for me.

corsa

Highlighted

Hi Jood, So relieved to find your Post, I'm currently having radium therapy which I finish next Monday.  Then in October I go onto Letrozole and yours' is the first positive post I've seen.  I'm having a bone scan after I finish this, and then wait to start the treatment which I'll be on for 5 years.  I am so pleased you've had a positive response to the treatment and hope I do too.  Thanks for posting Cat Happy

Highlighted

Well done Jood for positive comment. I also am taking Letrazole 2.5 mgs daily for the last four years and have no real side effects apart from some achy joints ( this could be age related also ) lol. I am grateful for this drug and am happy to try anything that may prevent this awful disease recurring ........ been there 4 times !!!! So chin up everyone and soldier on xx

Noeline

Highlighted

I've been on Letrozole for two years and I share that experience.  Yes my skin has aged a bit faster I think, no hair thinning.  I had a few aches and pains in the firsxt few months, but I've made a point of trying to be a bit healthier all round (without becoming fanatical) and I'm another happy camper.  I think its true that those of us who are chugging along happily tend not to visit the forums so often, and its good to reassure folks that some of us are lucky enough not to suffer too many side effects.  Everyone is different and will have different reactions.  

Highlighted

That's great news Jood! I started my letrozole tablets today! Thank you for sharing your experience and hope all continues to go well for you.
Liz x

Highlighted

Bumping into latest posts for Jood

Highlighted

I've been on Letrozole for 9 months now

and so far...brilliant !!

Truthfully !
I did read all the threads on side effects and some horrow stories on other sites but, I've been fine !

A few hot flushes but nothing worth getting upset about.. hair loss has been minimal...
I have had aches and pains with my joints but I had them before the cancer so nothing new there 😄

All in all, I can't really fault Letrozole at all. I don't know why I left it so long before coming back on here with an update (?) Maybes if I had side effects I would have been on here looking for advice every five minutes...
I think you tend to visit sites only when you need 'help' with coping, needing support and advice. I decided to pop back in because I want ladies who search for 'Letrozole' to find a few positive posts re-meds 😄

So, I'm one very happy camper. I hope that others have had the same experience as me.

Jood xx