I've found a lump

I recently found a lump in my left breast, I have an appointment on the 21st of nov for a mammogram and am very scared of the results. The only person who knows about this is my partner, I asked him not to come with me on the day because I was worried about him sitting around all day waiting for me. He has decided to come with me anyway. I don’t know what to expect when I get to the hosp.scared about results,but at same time I need to know.

Hi Micha and welcome to the BCC forums where I am sure you will soon have lots of support and shared experiences.

In addition, please contact our helpliners for further practical and emotional support on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturday

The following link will take you to the ‘Worried about breast cancer’ section of the site where you will find lots of information including a publication ‘Your breast clinic appointment’ which I hope you will find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/worried

Take care
Lucy BCC

Good luck hope all goes well for u, I too found a lump and am waiting in my own little world for my hospital appt.
Take care
Michelle x

Hi ive received an appointment for 28th Nov how did it go for you x

Hi I’ve recently had a cyst drained just over 2 wks ago and the last 2 days I’ve started getting pain in the exact pace and it hurts to touch. Is it common for a cyst to refill that quickly. Has anyone had any similar experiences x