I've found a new lump...

Hi Everyone,

I was diagnosed with BC nearly 3 years ago, at the age of 26. I had a lumpectomy, chemo and radio. I’m in the swing of normality again with long hair, which is my reminder of how far I have come. However last week I found another lump, I went to see my onco for my quarterly checkup. he agreed that there was something there and i have an ultrasound and biopsy if needed this evening. Has anyone else been through this? I’m a bit scared of having to go through it all again. And at the same time i’m telling myself it is going to be nothing and just a scare. Just need to hear from someone else who it returned for.
I’m now 29 and am trying to keep a strong level head. What does it mean if it has come back? Are my boobs out to get me? 5 hours to go to find out.

thanks

Hi niffsgee and welcome to the BCC forums

I am sorry to read that you have this new worry, in addition to the support you will soon have here from your fellow users our helpliners are on 0808 800 6000 with a listening ear and support so please feel free to call them, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

Take care

Lucy

Hi Lucy,
Hopefully you will get the good news I just got when I found a new lump. I was dx March 2011 ID/ILBC, 11 out of 13 affected nodes, chemo/lumpectomy/rads. NED until 4weeks ago when I found small lump between my scars. Had it checked, biopsy was onclear so 2 weeks ago had it removed (daysurgery). Got path report last Friday, - Benign - was just a ‘reactive’ lymph node.
So try not to stress too much, as always early intervention is the best option, should it be the not so good news that we all dread.

Big hugs xxx

Hi Niffsgee

fingers crossed for good results.

i had BC when i was 37 and got a new cancer in the other side when i was 40 and then a regional recurrence to the chest wall last year… the second cancer was the scariest as it was my biggest fear… But just got on with the treatment and wasnt nearly half as worried when i got t again last year. Do you have a BCN you can chat to about your worries?

although you have posted this in the ‘have i got secondary breast cancer’ section a new cancer in your breast is not classed as secondary BC but can be a recurrence or a new primary… But most breast lumps are not cancerous… I have had a few other lumps investigated over the past 6 years and They were benign.

good luck

Oh goodness. Understand your worry, but hoping that it’s just one of those pesky benign lumps sent to give you a Halloween scare. Hope the appointment went well and your mind’s been put at ease.

X