I've got a lump

Hi I’m totally new here and totally scared!! I’ve had a lump for a couple of months now but did not take much notice because it’s not exactly in my breast its nearer my arm pit at the side of the breast and it’s very hard!
I mentioned it to my friend who told me to see my GP, so yesterday I went and have to say he was fantastic, he felt the lump straight away and has made an urgent referral to the breast clinic. Now the waiting and hoping the outcome is good. I am not telling any of my family or other friends so just wanted to come on this forum for some much needed support and just to ask what to expect at the breast clinic. I’m also wondering if a problem with my shoulder on the same side of my lump might be connected, it goes very dead at night when I sleep on that side and its stiff during the day, it seems to have started about the time I noticed my lump.
Anyway it would be lovely to chat with anyone and to share experiences xx

Hiya,
You’ve done the right thing going to get it checked out and hospital referrals for the breast clinics tend to be quick so don’t be alarmed by it, I know it’s all very frightening but we’ve all been through it and you will find some tremendous support on this site, my lump turned out to be harmless although they did detect some early cancer cells in another part of my breast during the tests so I consider myself fortunate although no one wants to be told they have cancer, I’m been treated and it’s all been removed so I am lucky they found it , they will be look after you very well at the clinic and aim to give you an answer on the day of they can , most lumps turn out to be benign so try not to get yourself in too much of a panic until you know as it could well be nothing, do you not have anyone you could confide in who could go with you? I didn’t tell anyone other than my husband and a close friend until I knew for sure but I couldn’t have dealt with it by myself, we will always be here for you to lean on if you feel you can’t tell anyone else but I hope you feel you can turn to someone,best of luck my lovely xx Jo

Thank you for your reply. My husband will come to the appointment with me, but he’s not great with hospitals!!! I don’t want to worry the rest of my family or friends with something that might not even be, so will just keep fingers crossed and try to get on with normal life whilst waiting xx

Hi Jane

I’m in a similar position to you except I’ve not yet been referred. I don’t know which is worse! (Hugs). My lump is on the very edge of my breast almost into underarm area. I also have a stiff shoulder that side but I’ve had that longer so for me not connected I don’t think. Is your. Lump also not the classic round marble of a thing? Mine is sort of long. Wishing you well zxx

Hi again. I’m just about to begin my period and the lump feels bigger in a week. I really don’t know if I’ve just become obsessed with it and am imagining it is bigger. Yes, I have seen the GP and she’s got me waiting till next Friday for another exam and if it hasn’t gone I’m being referred the breast clinic for further tests. I just know it isn’t going to not be there in 4 days time so am thinking of going back tomorrow. I hope your referral is soon and that all is okay x