Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to put together a 'care basket' for my sister

8 REPLIES 8
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: I want to put together a 'care basket' for my sister

well if it's good enough for Kate!! thank you - i shall track down the candle and include it.xxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

I think she might enjoy some poems - espcially funny ones. xxxx thank you for your post.
poemsgalore

Hi Mema,

I love all the suggestions made above. Would she like a lovely book of poems, funny ones, sad ones, modern ones any kind really. But I think she already has the best gift ever, a loving twin sister to look after her and spoil her. Bless you both.

Poemsgalore xx
Guest user
Not applicable

It may be a bit pricey but I was bought a lavender candle by Neom , I've bought myself one online it was so lovely , £15 is a lot for a candle however it was beautiful . There is a scent with buchet fruit which had a black currant fragrance & helps with nausea ( Kate Middleton supposedly uses them for morning sickness) my brother was supposed to buy me that scent ( after chemo) but ordered the lavender by mistake , I didn't mind cos it was lovely & relaxing .
lovely thoughtful idea x
Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you all for your suggestions - they're great. I have already ordered some of the items and am looking forward to putting it all together.
I wish you all health and happiness and thanks again.
xxxxx
angiepops

hi mema
so sweet, one thing i found helpful was a supersoft baby sponge for the delicate areas, i used 'simple' wash products for the same reason.
angie x
the_roadshow

Hi Mema, that's a really lovely idea. I've also got a twin sister and she's constantly dropping by with things to cheer me up. I can wholeheartedly recommend Aubrey Organics Rosa Mesqueta Rose Hip Seed Oil for her lumpectomy scar. I also love Aubreys lip balms. I decided to ditch all my vaseline ones after I was diagnosed. My sister loaded a USB stick with things for me to watch - Miranda, the two Sex and the City films, Entourage. Magazines are also a good distraction. My mum keeps giving me her Woman and Home magazines. I'm sure she'd also appreciate a box of her favourite chocolates, some of her favourite snacks and drinks as she'll be low on energy for a bit after surgery. Hope she loves it and that her surgery goes well. All the best.
Maryland

Hiya.....what a lovely thought 🙂 I am sure your sister would love whatever you buy her, but depending on her likes, may I suggest some of the following?
A book either a good read or one of funny quotes etc., gorgeous smelling candle jar/tin, body butter/hand cream plus aqueous cream for radiated area(!), relaxing CD, favourite sweets or chocs (licquorice allsorts, jelly babies and hotel chocolat are mine lol), pot of spring bulbs, nail varnish/lipstick, bean bag bolster cushion (for sore breast), woolly throw/comfy blanket, genie type bra/crop top for comfortable support, knitted slippers, bottle of whatever her tipple, battery operated fan (to cool down radiated breast), dried fruit/nuts.......
Best of luck to both of you...take care

Guest user
Not applicable

I want to put together a 'care basket' for my sister

Hi All,
I am a 34 yr old BRCA1 carrier and am due to have a double mx and recon in June this year. My twin sister (who has not been tested) has been diagnosed with breast cancer and is having a lumpectomy next week followed by radiation etc. I wanted to put a basket of goodies together for her when she gets home from her op and something to cheer her up during the radio. I would really appreciate it if you could pass on any products/things/items that were helpful to you or simply made you smile during such a tough time.
Thanks in advance,
Mema
xx