I was diagnosed 2weeks ago. Didn't show up on mammogram or ultra sound but did on punch biopsy..

Hello I was diagnosed with inverted carcinoma of the nipple 21/12/16.

i had an inverted nipple and a marble sized painful lump under the nipple.

the first doctor said it was nothing and take painkillers.  3weeksmlater I had enough and went back to my own doctor who said yes she could feel a lump and sent for a mammogram appt for 2 weeks later. Nothing came up on the mammogram or the ultra sound . I asked for a biopsy from the lump on the nipple which a 3rd doctor 

agreed to.  21st December 2016 I went back for the results and they said it was cancer.  I now have an appt for an MRI on the 4th December to find out if it is in situ or has gone further so they know how much to take away they said.

devestated is an understatement as I also have MS and I am fighting with my boss at my job to keep it as they have been acting horrendously because I have MS. 

Hi Stargirl,

So sorry you find yourself here & that you had to be so persistent to get an answer, sadly mammograms are not infallible. 

This is one of the worst times when going through this, when there is the shock of diagnosis, as well as undergoing investigations to get the full diagnosis & treatment plan. It does feel better when you know what you are dealing with.

There is loads of support & information on this site as well as the Macmillan site, including employment advice & support.

Do come & chat whenever you need to.

ann x