I

i was thin king today,its nearly 2 months since i had my operation, im feeling fine and im on tamoxifen, which seems apart from a few night sweats to have little side effects.  Im due to go to hospital to set up my radiotherapy sessions next week,  Has anyone else waited this long and is there any point in having it. after all this time,  All the lymth nodes removed were clear, and surrounding tissue, surely its been so long any radio therapy would be a bit poinlless,  I didnt need chemo,  Obvioiusly i want to have anything which will stop the cancer coming back but i dont want to have a pointless trearment,. I dont drive and cant expect friends ,  most of whom work to come with me as they have done on all my other appointments,so attending every day will be difficult for me, theres a direct bus from bottom of my road,but my city is as usual full of road works making the journey longer.  Has anyone else been in my position and not had rads,  I just dont want uncessary treatment, especially as i now feel so well, june

Hi catchpole

I’m sorry you haven’t had any replies to your post yet.  I wondered if more people might see it if you posted in the Radiotherapy section

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Radiotherapy/bd-p/4436

It may also help to talk this over with one of our Helpliners.  They are open from 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator