cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBC? Scared and need advice

4 REPLIES 4
Kess

Re: IBC? Scared and need advice

hi Kat sorry to hear you are still having issues, but glad you havent had to join the IBC club. I have to say if it was IBC given how agressive it is it;s very unlikely that you would not have noticed things getting worse in two years. However it does sound like you have something wrong even if its something benign, so it is probably worth another check out if its still there to see if they have any idea what is causing it.
Katles

Sorry i should add that I saw the top consultant in our county 2 years ago, she treated my mother who had lobular bc and she's good.  She examined me so thoroughly (a lot of studying me intently as I moved my arms around), physical exam, and said no, not ibc.  U/S and mammo were clear.  No biopsy (I'm not sure how they'd biopsy anyway as there isnt a thickened bit to stick the needle in?).

I've tried evening primrose but it makes no difference, and the pain is not cyclical, more random flare ups.

Katles

2 years on from my initial post and I'm still the same.  Pain flares up and then abates, breast feels heavier when these flare ups occur.  I also think one area next to the nipple is slightly pink/discoloured but pretty sure this wouldnt be noticeable to anyone else.  Still no lump, cant feel any unusual bits just the overall heaviness.

Presumably if it was the very start of IBC it would have progressed in 2 years??  I went back to GP in November and she couldnt find or see any changes either.

But what else could it be?  I am going back to a different GP at the end of July and wondered what else i could ask/ask for?

Thanks

3network3

Hi Kat

Just seen your post, so sorry noone replied, I blame the new forum set up, posts get missed easily now I'm afraid. The support on here was always good, shame. But anyway, suppose you've been to the breast clinic two days ago as you mentioned Tuesday. What was the outcome of this? When my IBC was diagnosed i had no pain (except some in my arm, but I never connected this to breast cancer pre diagnosis), the GP and I didn't feel a lump but the surgeon in the breast clinic felt the lump alright.

I hope you're alright,

Love and hugs 3N3 xx

Katles

IBC? Scared and need advice

About a month ago I felt some tenderness and slight pain deep inside my right breast. After about 2 weeks, I had some pains in my arm pit on the same side. My breast also looks slightly bigger, though it is normal colour.
Today the upper part of my right arm looks a little swollen underneath. Blocked lymph nodes? The pain in the breast and arm pits has died down a little. I have a breast clinic appointment for Tuesday, wondering if its safe to wait 5 days or whether I should go back to the GP tomorrow.
Cant feel any lumps anywhere.
I've had a couple of tiny little red flat tender spots as well, one on the breast and one on the arm. Both have gone away within a couple of days.
Please reply - am scared and need opinions.
Kat x