IBC???

I’ve been on here a lot recently but only just signed up this eve as I can’t stop worrying …

I’m 31 years old with a history of breast cancer in my family (not IBC )

Last Monday I lroced a red rash come up on my left breast it’s a bit area but has no texture no lumps no bumps it’s not ‘hot’ or anything … weds I went to the doctors who gave me cream for a fungus infection…I just had that feelin and wasn’t happy so by Friday I was back , this time a different doctor told me no it def is t that…she said or looks like mastitis but she wasn’t not convinced (I have never breastfed or am pregnant etc) but she gave me anti biotics … but Tuesday morning had changed so she booked me straight into the Breast clinic and I have my appointment next Friday (at which it will have been 19 days since I noticed the rash)

I am TEREIFIED … I no all Symptoms are different but wanted to explain mine
So first was the redness , then came what I can only describe as ring holes all around my areola and a bit fling onto the skin (which I’ve read could be peau d’orange it looks exactly the same ) the skin on the areola is hard and swollen and all lumpy

I then noticed pain all under my arm and going down it, then came 2 ‘insect’ looking bites which are small and red not bumpy etc … followed by 2 TEEEEENY red dots which look like blood dots again not bumpy etc

The only thing that suddenly came to me was 2 weeks b4 all this … I got a BIG red insect looking bite on my boob (a bigger version of the ones now) and it faded and went away after 10 days … I don’t know if this has anything to do with anything obviously but when the 2 new ones came up I thought ‘oh hang on’

My breast is slightly swollen and my nipple is really sore and achey

I’m so scared and worried for my appointment Friday I’ve beard horror stories about punch biopsies but obviously il take whatever come la as I just want to no.
I keep telling myself surely I can’t have this , 3 out of my 3 kids birthdays are xmas time and I just can’t enjoy a thing I’m so so worried xxxxxxx

Hi Kirsty,
Just take a deep breath…
As ever, the anxiety can be horrible when waiting for a breast clinic appointment, but it’s totally right that you have been referred to get it properly checked out.
Of all the things it can be, bc is the Least likely especially for young women. There usually turns out to be a much more common, benign reason for the breast change.
The vast majority of women who post here, do not get a bc diagnosis.
It can help with the wait, to step away from google, as any general search will take you to bc, creating a whole shed load of unnecessary anxiety which is mostly unwarranted & changes nothing. It can help to carry on as normal & distract yourself from it.
Do let us know how you get on & do come back & chat if you need to.
If you need info, then come back here or go to the main bcc site.
ann x

Just to add, IF a biopsy is needed, it is a straightforward procedure & not a horror story.
x

KIrsty

Just wanted to echo what ann has said.

Let us know how you get on and sending you hugs

Helena xxx

Thanks so much for replying …

I’m keeping myself so busy and the days I stay off google I feel a lot more confident… I will 100% let u no the outcome sorry if I posted in the wrong place it confused me lol xxxxxx
Thanks again xxxxx

You posted, just fine Kirsty, no apologies needed here!
ann x

Kirsty

Not sure what time your appointment is but wanted to wish you good luck, let us know how you got on.

Helena xxx

Thanks so much for messaging ladybowler that’s lovely ,

I went in at 9 this morning I was seen and then sent for a scan , during the scan she said there was something being thick nipple that she was concerned about but it could be a milk duct blocked …
She then left the Room came back and said to stay on the table as she wanted to take some biopsy’s (I did cry like a baby but more in shock as wasn’t expecting it) so she did that then sent me into the next room for a mammogram …

The doctor came back in anger it was all done and said the mammogram came back fine (this didn’t mean too much to me as I no with IBC it wouldn’t always show up on one anyway) but she said she can’t give me any answers til the biopsy comes back which won’t be til the week of Xmas now

I asked and asked and she said she’s on the fence , it’s either a bad infection or it’s cancer … she sent me off with some stronger anti biotics than the ones I had from my doctor and I’m back next Friday to see if they’ve helped clear it up at all

So it’s just a waiting game again now but I’m praying these anti biotics help clear it up xxxxxx

Behind the nipple that meant to say sorry xxxx

Sorry to hear that you have this horrible uncertainty, Kirsty, the only way to look at it is, that they are being thorough & will get to the bottom of it. If on the off chance it is bc, then the sooner it’s dealt with, the better.
Chances are, all will be well anyway, but it’s certainly not great going through this.
Let us know how you get on.
ann x

It’s so rubbish but I’m keeping positive, I’m off to see Santa with the kids today and it’s ny twins birthday the 23rd so have lots to keep me busy I don’t want them to see me sad at xmas so I just have to get on with it as normal which is helping loads xxxx
Thanks so much for ur messages and 100% il comment again when I no more , I have woke up today and the affected Breast is itching like crazy which is worrying but then could be the plaster irritating me , all this guessing could drive u crazy couldn’t it! Lol xxxxxx

Ahhh I think I might call my doctor tomorrow and ask her to change it then because it’s itching like crazy I’m constantly clawing at it scratching xxxx

It is rubbish and it would be so so easy to just sit worrying but it wouldn’t get me anywhere so I gave myself a talking to and until I know for sure I’m just going to carry on as normal xxxx

Hi Kirsty,
It’s probably ok just to remove the plaster yourself, as it was for the biopsy. If it was important to leave a dressing in place, they would have said so.
So good to hear you’re dealing with this so positively by just getting on with things as normal. You’re so right.
ann x