IDC Diagnosis

Hi I’m Denise

I had my result day yesterday i have IDC in both breasts stage 1 and stage 2, having a mastectomy on my right and lump removal on the left providing i dont have the BRCA gene (if positive then double mastectomy((not worrying about that yet)) The strange thing is i feel like a weight has been lifted with my diagnosis I think in my head it was going to be the worse case senerio and spread everywhere ( mind working overtime waiting for results) So the fact it can all be dealt with and at the moment a good prognosis might not even need chemo if lymph’s are clear which they looked on the scan. I feel positive yes it’s not going to be pleasant or pain free but it can be dealt with, which was my biggest fear. I’m no doubt going to have my down days but at the moment i’m feeling very positive :slight_smile: xx

Hi, Denise, I’m with you on that one! I felt exactly the same. The relief when the diagnosis is ONLY breast cancer!! How ridiculously great, because it’s treatable, because success rates are excellent, because I’m in the hands of a good medical team who want only the best for me. Stay positive if you can, because it will make your journey easier. Ask for help before the going gets tough. Do not Google ! Remember it’s a marathon and not a sprint , so chunk it down into manageable steps so you can deal with it. Let us know how you are doing. All the very very best on your journey. Big hug. X

Hi Denise,
Glad to see you here, although I’m sure you’d prefer not to be.
I responded to you post on you other thread & good to hear you’re feeling positive about it all.
ann x

Hi Denise. I understand how you feel. After being diagnosed with Cancer and then them not knowing full results and then weeks and weeks of tests it is a huge relief when you know the full facts! Devasted but a relief! I’ve just gone through a lumpectomy and still awaiting to hear from genetics about the BRCA testing but I’m not even thinking about that just yet… it’s nice to feel a sense of belief aswell, that the disease is curable. Positivity all the way is the key. Xxx