Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDC

6 REPLIES 6
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: IDC

Sometimes they use chemo for shrinkage, minimise chances of extensive sugery and to kill stray cells.

I did have a bone and CT scan before chemo to Rule out spreading though

why were you given chemo before they even removed the lump? I thought they do a biopsy to see what cancer it is and the stage, which is what they did with me, then they remove the lump and examine and surrounding tissue to see if it has spread then they decide on the next treatment?
Guest user
Not applicable

sorry, I mised this reply:

my lmup hasn't been staged, because they haven't given me anything definate on the lymph nodes other than to tell me they dont "look normal" but I do know the lump is grade 2. I am due to see a surgeon soon, so I will will be told whay they plan to do aout my lymph nodes. perhaps they'l take one out with surgery or something(?). I am Oestogen receptive so I will need tamoxifen after radiotherpy

Gadget--gal.........thats really strange, perhaps they are treated differently? My lump was found through 2nd mamogram, it was only a few mm - they removed the lump and one of the lymph nodes, the node was clear, I have been on Tamoxifen now for 10 days and start 3 weeks of rads from tomorrow. I was told that it was small but stage 2 and that it was hormone receptive not hereditary. What were you told?
Guest user
Not applicable

I have the same diagnosis but it looks liKe my treatment is the other way round! I was given chemo and now I'm waiting for a decsion re surgery. Afterwards, I'll have radiotherapy and tamoxifen. I'm under Barts and London hospital.

Hi TotallyConfused

I am sorry you haven't had any replies as yet, we are having technical problems with the site and other users probably haven't seen your post.

In the meantime you are welcome to call our helpline for further support and information on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 during the week and 10-2 Saturdays

The following link will take you to the BCC 'Newly diagnosed' information page where you will find further support ideas:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

Best wishes

Lucy

IDC

Anyone just been diagnosed with the same recently? I have just started Tamoxifen and due to start 3 weeks rads at St Thomas' on Thursday 9th August? Would love to hear from you, especially if you are travelling there too? x