cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV anti sickness allergy during chemo session

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Side effects of Taxol

Reduce severity of mouth sores, diarrhea, and/or neuropathy. I purchased @ GNC and mix with organic apple juice and drink in the morning. I think this has helped me. Sometimes I have a little tingle but I figure it could be worse. My doctor prescribed 1mg Lorazepam to help me sleep at night. I have a few concerns about radiaton.
Highlighted

Re: IV anti sickness allergy during chemo session

Hi Lynne, Thanks for your reply, sounds as if you're having a tough time with sickness, hope they can get it sorted for your 5th cycle. I have been told I can't have Ondensatron again but that they will try something else. Emend helped me a lot this cycle, as I felt nauseous but wasn't sick, very different to 1st cycle. Take care x
Highlighted

Re: IV anti sickness allergy during chemo session

I had to have the steroids stopped due to being sick, still had the IV steroid but I was sick whilst it was given. Due to have my 5th cycle on Monday and waiting to see what they will be giving me, I have emend and domperidone but found that the anti sickness have been making me sick.

I did'nt take anything but emend last month after chemo and just felt nauseous, fatigue aswell.

Best wishes Lynne

Highlighted

IV anti sickness allergy during chemo session

Hi Everyone,

Wondering if anyone else has had an allergic reaction to Ondansetron?  I had second session of FEC yesterday and as the drug was going in my arm turned red and blotchy, my head started swimming and my chest tightened up.  They stopped the infusion and gave me Piriton and another corticosteroid(?)  and it all settled in about 20 mins, then the chemo was restarted.

They have said I can't have the drug again so haven't been given any tablets to take this time, will be relying on the Emend, steroids and Metoclopramide.

Would be interested to hear of anyone elses experiences.  Thank you. Barbara