Ibc at 28?

Firstly apologies for what will no doubt be a rather long winded message!
So last august I began noticing small changes to my left breast, some slight swelling and pain but a discharge that soon turned bloody. I had an ultrasound at the time and surgery the following month to remove all the ducts. Healing was great and the dis author resolved. However by November the pain became unbearable to the point I went days without sleep and just ran myself into the ground.
In January the left breast doubled in size. Became very red and angry look, to cut a long story short, since this first episode I have now had 9 courses of oral antibiotics along with three weeks iv. I’m at my wits end with getting no where with the breast clinic. I pointed out a swollen node in my armpit and a very large one in my groin but was told it was due to infection, surelyit would have gone with all the antibiotics I’ve had but it’s never budged. The redness has never subsided and makes me question if it is infancy cellulitis or could it be something else?
I’ve seen the dermatologist who excluded any primary skin disorder and has referred me back to breast clinic to be seen within one week which slightly concerns me.
I can’t take antibiotics forever!!!

I am really sorry to read you have this worry. It is unlikely to be cancer at your age, but it is possible so it is important to get that checked out. It’s good you have an urgent referral. I know its impossible not to worry but even if it is IBC, it can be treated successfully. I finished treatment for it in 2014 and am currently totally well. I really hope you get good news - do let us know how you get on.

I second what Kess says - def get it checked out and a second opinion. Better to be on the safe side and hopefully the referral will help. Mine was red and angry and painful and although it was cancer, I have just finished 6 months of chemo and it has responded really well - my 11cm lump is now 9mm and the redness has gone completely. As Kess says, it can be treated and the key is getting treatment started ASAP if it does turn out to be IBC. Please try to stay calm though but just be assertive. Let us know how it goes and good luck xxx