Im new! 37 and starting chemo soon yikes

Hope you will all welcome me. I joined a forum when I was pregnant and still great virtual friends with them a couple of years later so looking for the same potentially plus support and questions answered.

So I’m 37 was diagnosed a few weeks ago after a lump biopsy and due to start chemo in a few days then after 18 weeks surgery then radiation. Hasn’t sunk in yet and im definately in denial!

Hoping there are some similar aged people to talk to as feeling too young to have breast cancer at all of my appointments.

What I’m going to do about work is stressing me out mainly plus my husband randomly burst into tears today about everything.

Sorry if that’s a long post. I live in Worcester and have a lovely hubby and awesome 18 month old daughter x

Hi from Turkey. I am 33. I have two sons who are 4&8. Please don’t give up. The life is wonderful. I was too anxious when i heard this illness. Your best drug is your happiness.

Hello Anon

Have a look in going through treatment…chemotherapy monthly threads. That is the section for you re chemo. I am 42 and doing chemo currently. So far much better than anticipated so hope it will be for you. 

Best wishes x

Hi there looks like your in exactly the same boat as me. had the call to day my chemo starts 9am Tuesday. But still in denial!! If you want to keep in touch throughout that’s good for me too. Rosie x

I’m awake too but stressing about work which is annoying me. My boss seems to think I’ll just have one day off for the chemo and that’s it and even though I can’t say I won’t the fact that he to think I’m going for a manicure not chemo makes me want to leave (plus punch him lol). Work should be irrelevant right now grrr! Is reading other stories helping or not - I’m trying to avoid for now x

Hope your ok hun

Hi, are you ok???

Glad your ok. I did fall asleep eventually oh well off to work after 3 hours sleep ugggg. Almost looking forward to my appointment on Thursday and Friday lol. Xx

There is a stream for young Mums with families on here …

It’s in a set of topics called ‘Talk to people like me’ and called ‘Younger women with families’ 

Hiya, also just joined the club no one wants to join. I’m 37, was diagnosed on 27 May and start chemotherapy next Wednesday. I live in Exeter, Devon.

Have you joined a support group in your area?

In Exeter there is a charity called Force who are fantastic.

Like you, none of this feels real. I know we will both get through this and come out the other side much stronger. The word ‘chemotherapy’ still scares me and never thought I’d ever be taking this route in life but I guess no one does but there are so many amazing success stories and it def helps to read all the positive stories xx

Hi there, I’ve never thought I needed support until recently - especially today, it’s been a rough day. ?

Hello Emma, sorry you have to join us to. I was DX a few weeks ago and it still hasn’t sunk in at all. I’m just overwhelmed with it all. I’ve been to chemo unit today for pre op…ill start next Tues. We’ve both also posted in the chemo June starters, if you would like to chat to us there Emma.
Anon, sorry to hear you’re having a bad day. I’ve read, it gets easier, but I can’t see that being possible at the moment. I just want this all over. Its hard to believe only a few weeks ago, I was so happy with my life and now…well its just **bleep**e.
I’m hoping once I start chemo and get this tn issue accepted ill begin to move on.
Big hugs to both of you. Xx

Hi Netti, thanks for the message. I hope it went well as it could for your pre op on the chemo ward. I blubbed yesterday when I went. Where do I find the posts for ‘chemo June starters’?xx

Anon, you are not alone in this, none of us our. Together we will all get through this x

Emma, you’ll find it under The Going Through Treatment, under chemo monthly starters xx
Hopalong, thanks for your message. Hope you are well and getting on with your life now xxx

I am at work so my mind is off things but can’t say I’ve actually done any work yet lol. Rosie

I think you are amazing working. I havent been to work since I was diagnosed as just can’t face it. Sounds a feeble excuse but some of my clients are very difficult and want their legal affairs sorted yesterday … I think I would break down at anyone confronting me about the silliest of things. I’m usually fiesty and would usually rise to the challenge but just don’t think I could deal with that right now or when treatment starts.

You are amazing for working while going through such a difficult time x

Thank you Emma but it’s not easy. Yesterday I had a bit of a breakdown about work and I’ve decided that I definitely come first in this and if I lose my job I lose my job. Last day Monday before chemo on Tuesday and then what will be will be as far as work is concerned. We are about to complete on a house purchase and still going through with it so need some finances for that to happen so fingers crossed. Xx

I will be thinking of you on Tuesday. I’m only a day behind you. Really hope you sail through your treatment xx

I’ve not worked since DX either. At the time I was too upset. I still am when I talk about it. I used to moan about work everyday…little niggles and groans. but I would do anything to go back now…i would sit happily for hours and get on with things. How ironic. Well done for working Rosie, but your not working tomorrow are you?? I’m beginning to get scared and worried about Tues…i can’t believe it still. Fingers crossed all goes well. Not sure if you are keeping upto date with the June starters, there are plenty of words of advice and tips. All of which ill probably forget, but its reassuring to know we are not alone. Xxx

Yes working tomorrow. I’m head of operations for a small company and they are not going to cope without me. I had started assuring them I’d be fine and nothing would change but now it’s actually happening I’ve changed my mind and don’t want the stress. Want tomorrow to be as normal as possible to take my mind off it before Tuesday.

What time are you in? I’m 9am yikes.

I don’t speak to my parents as we fell out a few years ago and they moved to Canada without saying goodbye to their granddaughter which I vowed to never forgive them for. Need some family history for my genetics tests as really have no idea if anyone in my family has had cancer or even breast cancer. I’ve emailed my sister in law’s mum who lives in Canada too to get the info from them, of course she will have to tell them. My mind is wondering what they will think when they tell them? (My mum’s a stubborn bitch). Anyways off topic - work can do one after tomorrow lol.