Imagination running wild

I first posted a few days ago, had lumpectomy last Monday and sentinel node bio, sorry if terminology is wrong, been doing ok, go back on Friday but tonight my breast has been sore and it feels lumpy, I’m hoping it’s the scar tissue but my mind is working overtime!

Hi,

yes you are right, your mind is in overdrive waiting for the results and is turning the natural healing of your breast into something else. Healing goes through several stages but about day 7-10 you form little cells that grab each side of a wound and pulls them together so there is a different type of soreness to the original feeling from the cut. And there is all sorts of scar tissue forming deep within the breast.

I thought i was ok waiting for the results of my WLE, thought I was calm and in control, but every now and again something surfaced. the great–what if?? I would think that as Friday approaches it is going to get worse, we cannot help our minds going over all the possibities, its only natural.

Cant help you get throught to friday. But can tell you that whatever the results on friday, you will be in a better place than now. Its the fear of the unknown that gets to us.

Good luck for friday. have you printed of the BCC publication–your pathology report, it has lots of good questions to ask

Thank you so much oldandlumpy, you have made it a lot easier for me tonight, I have read all the questions to ask and found it really useful, will print it and take with me, thanks again x