Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immune system and Herceptin

Guest user
Not applicable

Immune system and Herceptin

Hi Everyone
Read lots of the recent postings about Herceptin I have had nine already . History of Grade three stage three complete clearance of lymph nodes 12 affected fec/tax chemo then radio during which time I lived on this site the only thing that got me through day and night.
Havn't been back for a while as someone posted you get on with your life.Had many infections loads of delays with chemo at the moment Herceptin delayed through originally virus infection like shingles and now chest infection so no Herceptin for 6 weeks so far.Will have to return to Hospital for another loading dose probably this week or next.
The one thing someone posted when I was first diagnosed was that we are on a journey and every day when you feel you can make it a good one do the things that make you feel good and accept the days when our bodies need to recharge they will certainly let us know, frustrating and horrible as it is ,it is all part of this journey.I have just finished reading a book which has really helped me ,Angels in my Hair by Lorna Byrne, the Daily Telegraph did an article on this Lorna, it is her story and they said they believed what she had written.
This site is so amazing and I feel very humbled to be with such brave women on their journey.
Lots of love
Katiej